Recent content by Watson524

1. Watson524

Testing a well that hasn't been used in a while

At this point I can't say. Well guys have to pull the pump for me and it'll likely have to be replaced. After 48 years, I don't think it owes me anything :)
  2. Watson524

I have 2 10' lengths of D2729 in the barn, but unfortunately it's the kind with the drain holes, no solid. I do have a solid piece of D2729 that has a bell end on it but it's only 16" long (including the bell) so I don't know if that would be long enough?
  3. Watson524

Sadly no menards around me but I likely have something in our barn that'll work. We just cleaned out and gave a bunch of stuff away but I kept some 10' lengths of things because you just never know....
  4. Watson524

Got the well cap open with the help of a floor jack. It's a 5" ID casing, is that still enough for a flow inducing sleeve? The pitless is down 49" from the top and I can see the ring the rod gets threaded into. Called the well company yesterday and they're going to put me on the list but like...
  5. Watson524

Might take the car jack down tomorrow and see.... We considered somehow getting a cable or chain wrapped tight around it and pulling it up with backhoe but that seemed like overkill lol!
  6. Watson524

I would love to but we just went down, took the bolts off and let the ring slide down and that cap won't budge. There's a groove on the overhang that has a rubber gasket in it from what it feels like. We took a rubber mallet (because we didn't want to risk cracking the cap with a hammer) and...
  7. Watson524

It had to be on there longer than 5 or so because I took the clamp off the one side and put it on the other (it read the same on both sides). I can let it go a bit longer but that seems risky, no? I'd definitely do at least the bulk of the digging myself since we have the backhoe, tho the next...
  8. Watson524

Well that didn't take long. Electric is just below grade, about 16" from the top of the cap. Looks like some kind of nipple on the casing that goes to the black pipe. The black pipe comes out not in line with where we thought given where it sees daylight and there's a split in it a few inches...
  9. Watson524

Ok, put the amp clamp on this morning, reading way too high at 29 - 30a so I shut it right down. Appears the pump is zapped? The well casing coming up measures just over 18" circumference so if my math is right, that's a 6" OD. Also attached are the 2 pipes coming out of the ground about 50'...
  10. Watson524

50' away where they used to come up in the crawlspace of the old mobile home that was there, next to where the black water flex pipe used to come out of the ground and go up into the pressure tank in the bathroom of the mobile home. I should add that seal bolts appear to be in over the well...
  11. Watson524

Ok I'll get a picture early tomorrow. Any well "seal" I've seen online has holes in the top of it, this doesn't. The top is a solid "plate" and has the well driller's name stamped on it. And yes, scared the beejeezus right out of me! Don't know the ID of the well, wasn't noted on anything I...
  12. Watson524

Can't open the well. The cap is something I've not seen before with this ring that comes down the outside of the pipe when the 4 bolts come off the cap. We took the 4 bolts off but cap wouldn't lift. I assumed the gasket was just stuck on and I didn't want to mess with it so we bolted the ring...
  13. Watson524

I have MORE than enough 10/2 solid to get me to where I need to go but I don't know if it's rated for burial in conduit. The submersible pump wire I have is the 12awg and it's 3 wire unfortunately. In looking at my house, it looks like that well is a 3 wire based on what's coming in and going to...
  14. Watson524

Thanks for that tip, it will help in my search Well thank God for small favors!! Tho before I get too excited, are you thinking the new pump would be more or less than 8x?? LOL! I'm assuming less based on some googling I've done. So it's possible that the wire just got drilled through the...
  15. Watson524

Picked up the clamp on amp meter today (will leave that test for tomorrow) and stopped at the well shop. They had an electronic copy of the drilling record etc from 12/1/73!! Depth of well is 625', pump is set at 480', there was water at 90' and the flow is 4gpm. Guy said because the flow wasn't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks