Recent content by Wardsweb

1. Wardsweb

New 220 4 wire stove and old 220 three wire plug

Followup: the old wiring was removed. Good thing too, as it was aluminum. Nice new correct wire run and new recepticle installed. Like my father always told me, "there is only one way to do it...the right way."
  2. Wardsweb

Wow I now realize I know squat about this stuff. I think my best bet would be to have an electrician come in and wire it to code. At least that way, I know it will be right and compliant with the latest safety measures. Thanks again guys, ya'll amaze me. It's one thing to know and another to...
  3. Wardsweb

Thanks for the info. The house was built in 1965 and the electrical is original. The three prong receptacle has a red, a black and a green wire dedicated back to a dual breaker at the main entrance panel on the side of the house.
  4. Wardsweb

I have started a kitchen remodel where we are replacing all the appliances. The old double ovens were 220 with a three prong plug. The new ovens are four wire. Can the four wire be wired wired into a three prong plug and use a grounding strap on the neutral at the ovens? Do I need to have the...
  5. Wardsweb

Sliding glass door removal

Any insight into removing a sliding glass door that goes from our bedroom to the enclosed patio (Florida rom, Sun room, etc...) and filling in the wall? Is it just a matter of getting the old doors and aluminum frame out, add some studs, sheet rock the inside and siding of choice for the outside?
  6. Wardsweb

Ceiling support when putting in a header

No nothing buried. The wires are actually coming from the left, so when I pulled them up into the attic it was a simple task to move them to the left short wall. Then it was just a matter of running them down the wall and cutting them, as they were then to long.
  7. Wardsweb

The blue you see along the tile's edge is painters tape. I still need to run little transition strip there. Sorry but the room stays pink, as thats what the wife wants and I've been married long enough to know keeping her happy makes my life easier.
  8. Wardsweb

Here is the final products.
  9. Wardsweb

You may already know about this, but it's new to me, so I thought I would pass it along. I needed to support the ceiling while I took out a 11' section of wall. My friend runs a fleet of tractor/trailers and they use "load jacks" to hold things in place in the trailers. I used some to hold the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks