Recent content by WallyBell

1. WallyBell

Whole House Generator behind workshop subpanel - oops??

Fernandina Beach Florida Nassau County My shop is 6 ft off the rear and side property lines as per set backs. Propane tank has to be 10 ft from building per local code. Behind my fence is an alley - city right of way so no go there. But no worries. I will move the generator to the side yard...
  2. WallyBell

Well, now its a moot point. City says I can't put the propane tank behind the work shop. So the generator will now be moved up to the side of the house at the service entry and propane tank gets buried there as well ...and the slab poured for the generator will now get built out for air...
  3. WallyBell

Thanks Gents and sorry for the late reply. My Tundra lost a timing belt on the way to my youngest daughters bridal shower...and yes it is an interference engine so bent valve rods. O boy We pulled direct burial triplex alum wire in the conduit 2/0, 2/0,#1 So pulling copper back thru is...
  4. WallyBell

That is the only solution I can come up with as well. I should know better. Between crew building shop and hurricane rebuild crews on fence, trees and house...electrician said ok and I moved on without thinking. 2/0 service is run in 2-1/2" PVC conduit (125 ft w/ 2 large sweeps). Probably...
  5. WallyBell

As I was building a new work shop I mentioned to the electrician I would be adding a whole house generator in the future. (Florida) He said just put it behind the workshop and back feed the house. Great I thought. So I poured a slab and bought a Generac 20kw Guardian generator which came with...
  6. WallyBell

7. WallyBell

Marble in water line ...What the????

This is the craziest thing. Last month I decided to tackle a few old leaks in the laundry. I removed the laundry sink and counter top, washer and dryer, and round under-counter hot water heater. Made the repairs, re-sheetrocked, painted and put it all back together. Nice weekend job and all...
  8. WallyBell

Wife's new whirlpool tub in bedroom - slab floor

Hi hj. Thanks for the reply. I understand. Yea…wife wants the spa skirt panels and a small curved step to match a piece of antique mahogany furniture that is in the room - so that is the main project enjoyment for me. And the vacation house has a nice big crawl space and plumbing the spa...
  9. WallyBell

Thanks guys. I probably let off a crucial detail or two - we are selling the house in a few years and the spa is going with us to our vacation house. If it was going to be permanent I would set it flush, cut the floor, build knee walls, tile etc etc. I have room beside the window to run a vent...
  10. WallyBell

My wife has requested I install a small therapeutic whirlpool tub in the bedroom. The house is a slab floor with stud walls and brick veneer. She wants the tub against the outside wall under the windows. The main sewer drain is just on the outside of this wall. I can put the tub on a small...
  11. WallyBell

Very Strange condensation on side of toilet

Amen to QC guys. I thought about a hot cold temp differential causing condensation both from flowing water (shut off supply, tank full, wait) and also crawl space temps (another toilet other side of comman wall). Pretty much isolated it to either an actual pin hole in the clay that opened...
  12. WallyBell

Very Strange condensation on side of toilet

Hi Folks...I have an interesting little issue with a new Jucuzzi brand toilet I just installed. I noticed a small amount of water pooling on the floor base on one side. I just figured it was the tank bolts and gave them a little more careful snugging. It is still doing it so today I got a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks