Recent content by Wally107

1. Wally107

Depressurize before BLFC inspection?

Quick update: regen’d last night. Since I didn’t really trust the BLFC, I temporarily set the BF to 8 min (i.e. 1 gallon). Sure enough, that’s what it put in. I’m still nervous to set it back to the full 44 min (since I do NOT have a floor drain in my basement). I think I’ll bump it up...
  2. Wally107

Well, I pulled the BLFC out, and took a real close look. From everything I can see, it looks fine to me. I see now it’s actually the white button retainer that slides approx 1/32” forward and backward, to allows different flows. Anyway, I blew threw it many times, in each direction, and the...
  3. Wally107

Update: I replaced the BLFC button, and thought I was golden...filled a gallon jug in approx 8 min...woohoo! However, when I ran a full regen, for some reason it’s now BF’ing TOO MUCH!! I had it set to 44min, which should have been 5.5gal. At 36 min I noticed it had pumped about...
  4. Wally107

Fleck BLFC design (diaphragm?)

Ditto - I gotcha. And I'll apologize here for not being able to work on this (from my other thread). Working goofy hours. May not be till Thurs before I have more than a few minutes to get back into this. Wally
  5. Wally107

Funny...this was a topic of a thread I started wayyyy back when I got the system...even Gary S chimed in. Anyway, since it was brand new, I (obviously) decided to let Sleeping Dogs Lie.
  6. Wally107

It's not crazy dirty - but yes...will definitely be cleaned. Of course, it's 2/3 full of salt...timing sucks :mad:. Looked more like a very light muddy 'film'. It wasn't really 'stuck on', and I didn't really think it was rust (more brown than red). House was built 2005 - all copper piping...
  7. Wally107

Wish I could...but stuck at work till ??? (911 dispatcher), and my next day off isn't till next Thurs. All good though...worst case I'll just dump a few gallons into the brine well between regen's until I get more time.
  8. Wally107

Hey Bannerman! Kinda bored at work today, so I've been giving this a little more thought...and I'll apologize in advance if this is a dumb question: If the button controls only the fill rate (presuming you mean BF), what's the logic for having specific sizes? Could you not then use a larger...
  9. Wally107

Pics - sorry...best I could do with my phone.
  10. Wally107

Was kinda light brown, dirt / scum looking. Washed off fairly easy. The bottom end of the injector was pretty plugged. I'm presuming it was just 9 years off dirt from the salt (Morton Solar Crystals). I'll try to post the pics I took.
  11. Wally107

Thanx Bannerman! Here's my plan: 1. Ordered a new 17307 button this morning. Only $8 bucks delivered, so nothing to lose. Shows IN STOCK, but nowadays, it's anyone's guess when it will arrive. 2. When it gets here - I'll pop out the old one, and run a BF (as you suggested). Assuming good...
  12. Wally107

Understood. As of right now, it’s flowing fine in BD, but absolutely nothing in BF. I believe I found the correct button (part #17307) and I’ll try to get it ordered tomorrow. Fingers crossed... Wally
  13. Wally107

I looked reeeeally close at it...even under a magnifying lens. It does have numbers, and it’s either 123 or 125. I presumed it was 125, since it’s a 0.125.
  14. Wally107

Thanx ditto! Any idea where I can get one? Did a quick Google search, so far can’t find one. Edit: Looking further, it looks like I just replace the button, not the whole BLFC (whoda thunk?)...and I found it online. Not quite sure how to replace just the button, but I’ll try to figure it out...
  15. Wally107

Fleck 7000SXT, 0.125 BLFC, violet #00 injector... Been having trouble with my BF (see my other thread). Initially, I was only getting a trickle, so I inspected and cleaned the BLFC, injector, and screen. Unfortunately, now there’s NO water moving at all....grrrrr. While cleaning the BLFC...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks