Recent content by VTXdude

1. VTXdude

Bradford White, You have got to be kidding me :(

Bradford White sending out local rep to check things out. They seem like a great company to deal with. Rust around the top of the jacket where the metal ring is sitting above jacket. Have no issues with the plumber, he is a great guy who did a great installation. He agrees that things don't seem...
  2. VTXdude

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

I was in Lowes tonight and one thing that caught my eye is that they are promoting that the water heaters now come with a standard right turn thermo coupling?
  3. VTXdude

Choosing model series from Rheem and Bradford White

Not trying to pry Mark but was there a particular issue with the Icon valve itself? *****Edit***** Ok I see now....would not come back on after turning it off... You know the plumber had a heck of a time relighting mine too....seemed like it took him about 25 clicks before the thing would...
  4. VTXdude

Choosing model series from Rheem and Bradford White

Mark- Can you share what was the issue with the Icon gas valve? Thanks
  5. VTXdude

Vacuum relief on cold water feed?

It is in the basement.....the plumber said used to be a requirement but is no longer..maybe different requirements for Nashua vs Merrimack? Who should be able to confirm? Water Dept? So the absence of this should cause any difference in pressure or cause more of a clicking noise at the...
  6. VTXdude

I'm talking about the brass fitting here off the cold water feed Plumber said no longer required What is it's purpose? Here is pic of new piping Tempering valve? You mean the T/P?
  7. VTXdude

I can't remember what it is called but usually on the cold water feed to the water heater there is an extra brass piece that I think the plumber said is a vacuum relief something or other. When he put in the new water heater he said that they were no longer required. It was attached right...
  8. VTXdude

There is a thin line of rust forming on the top of the water heater already where the condensation usually forms....my guess is that it may be from the metal cap that sits on top of the flue. One thing I noticed is that on the flue itself there is a hole at the top maybe used during the...
  9. VTXdude

What pressure should a thermal expansion tank be at?

When the plumber put in the the BW water heater he set it at 60 psi...said it was at 30 psi.... Is there a set standard at what it should be set at? Id PSI is too high what does that affect? Thanks PS the expansion tank is mounted upside down if that matters. See here for...
  10. VTXdude

How about Paxil? I hear they work better ;) :D I understand your side Cass and others..you guys are the plumbers and I understand you can't swap out stuff on a whim....I just think that the flue being off that much instead of centered is a bit odd, I have not seen a water heater like that...
  11. VTXdude

So I guess all that talk about the flue being centered under the draft hood is out the window? Because as we can see it is off here I really don't think I am going out of my way to find things wrong here. Isn't this one sort of stand out? I'm just asking you guys because you install...
  12. VTXdude

Lol cass. Yes I suppose not. I think the second picture shows things best. The others make it look ok I guess. But can you see what I am talking about? The flue is a bit cockeyed. You guys can see that right? so let me understand. It is ok to have this crooked and the water vapor...
  13. VTXdude

Well I found the source of the smell....it is this sealant or epoxy the put on to..well seal the seams I guess.. I imagine this smell goes away after awhile? Ideas on the crooked flue? Am I over analyzing? Am I expecting too much? This guys seemed like a very knowledgeable plumber and...
  14. VTXdude

Guys just noticed this on my new Bradford White Water Heater... look at the baffle collar...it looks like the flue pipe is not centered with the cover of the heater....when it ws fired up I noticed some condensation forming at the front of the collar...when I took a closer look I saw that the...
  15. VTXdude

Bradford White Icon Defender installed

and just 2 more pics
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks