Recent content by vtlandlord

1. vtlandlord

Arrowhead Freeze Proof Faucet Questions

Terry I have the exact Arrowhead faucet you pictured in your post of 8/17/04. I put it in almost a year ago and didn't discover that I had a problem until now. It turns off and turns on fine. Problem is, with the faucet open and a hose attached with a shut off nozzle on the hose turned off...
  2. vtlandlord

Water heater problem

I got a gas fired draft induced unit from sears. Had a similar problem except this doesn't have a spark to light the gas but what appears to be a glow rod. It ran fine for about two years and then started having the same problem. (Intermittent and all.) I called the 800 number and they said...
  3. vtlandlord

replacing thermostat/gas valve on water heater

What what I understand from above the standard pressure after coming through the propane company's regulator is 13"? Also for an upstairs apaprtment, is the mass of the propae insignificant enough to not cause a significant pressure drop going up to the second floor? But getting back to...
  4. vtlandlord

Thanks everyone - these comments were very helpful. No it's not that old - well - I guess 8 years. Don't know what I was thinking of or whether I was thinking at all. Considering the price of the valve and installation and the age of the heater I should have just thrown a new heater in...
  5. vtlandlord

Thread joints and Teflon tape question

tape going in the right direction? In addition to the comments above - to not use tape whre the threads are not supposed to provide the seal but a gasget or a flange is - is idea that when you do use teflon to make it go in the right direction. Perhaps you are aware of this - but boy am I sure...
  6. vtlandlord

My water heater in the basement took a bath due to spring rains. The pilot wouldn't remain lit even after replacing the thormocouple so I had the whole thermostat/gas valve (propane) changed. It fired right up. But I would like to know something more. The old unit Unitrol had a larg red...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks