Recent content by Vraz

1. V

How Best to Replace Media (Birm) in Filter

Finally got around to pulling the Birm filter out of service, temporarily replaced with a Pentek 4x20 iron reduction cartridge. I dropped a siphon hose down the distributor tube and removed most of the water. Then used the shop vac with a home-made adapter to 1-1/4" PVC. Required three passes to...
  2. V

Great feedback. The reference to the mineral extractor was quite illuminating. As Dittohead notes, for a decade event it does not seem worth the cost, but is very neat. I will use a combination of siphon plus shop vac to get the weight manageable and then strap it to a dolly to move outside...
  3. V

Am using a Birm based iron removal filter that has worked well for almost 8 years. However, I have noticed performance degradation in the past six months or so. My understanding is that Birm has finite life and so was planning to replace the media. My setup uses a WS-1, 13x54 tank, 2.5 cu/ft...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks