Recent content by Vince B

1. Vince B

Major Tub Drain Removal Issues

Thank you for the replies. If you look closely in the two cuts I just started grazing the outer ABS threads. The metal threads on the flange are still intact. I tried with a large screwdriver and a small pry bar to pry the cut pieces but they won't budge. Should I saw deeper? I am afraid if I...
  2. Vince B

Major Tub Drain Removal Issues

Hello, I have a tub drain going into ABS and the flange top and cross bars are gone. I have already made two cuts with a hack saw as seen in the picture and it will not come out in pieces like I had expected. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
  3. Vince B

New lav pop-up drain installation leak. Sink leak

I just installed a new vanity, Moen faucet and P-trap. I have a very small leak at the bottom of the sink where the tapered rubber gasket meets the bottom of the sink. The bottom of the ceramic is not perfectly round and has a little imperfection which is causing the rubber seal not to stop...
  4. Vince B

Small crack in new Toto toilet

Hello I was just about to install a new Toto toilet and I noticed there was a small crack in the porcelain horn. I have attached two pictures. The crack is only in the visible area it's not up above or anywhere else I felt underneath and it seems fine I just wanted to know if this was okay to...
  5. Vince B

Thick wax ring question

Yes, that is correct.
  6. Vince B

Thick wax ring question

I am thinking on using a single thick wax ring to install a Toto eco ultramax toilet. My question is should I use a single thick wax ring with a horn or not. I heard that just using a single wax ring with a horn may cause issues later on. I attached a picture of the flange for reference. Any...
  7. Vince B

Toto Eco Ultramax installation

Thank you for the quick response Terry I have one final question. If I use just a single thicker ring I presume I would want to use a ring with no horn because I have heard of problems with using just a single wax ring with a horn. Thank you again for all of your professional advice.
  8. Vince B

Toto Eco Ultramax installation

Hello I'm going to be installing a new Toto Eco Ultramax one piece toilet. I was able to remove the old toilet fine but I had a few questions since this will be my 1st installation ever. I was really confused about what type of seal to use. Wax versus wax less. I was really afraid that I...
  9. Vince B

New Vanity Install Question

OK, got it! Thanks again for all the info. Like you said....Time to get it done!
  10. Vince B

I got a piece of scrap wood and used it as a template to drill holes for the existing valves. If I'm just a 16th of an inch off for the half-inch copper and the cover plate won't cover properly. Obviously it's because of the large one and a half inch hole for half-inch copper. Once I get this...
  11. Vince B

The problem is that if I leave the existing valves I have very little wiggle room for error in drilling the larger holes and then covering them properly.
  12. Vince B

I have one final question that might help me determine which way to go. If I decide to put on the compression fitting shut-off valves what would happen if say 10 years from now they would possibly leak. Could I just take it off and replace it with a new valve or would I have to remove more 1/2 "...
  13. Vince B

Hello all, I am installing a new vanity and have to drill new holes in the rear of the vanity. Should I keep the old Brasscraft soldered shut off valves and just drill larger holes or should I cut them out and install new Brasscraft compression fitting 1/4 turn valves? Attached is a picture to...
  14. Vince B

Toilet Flange Question

I'm looking to replace our Old toilet with a new Toto ultramax. I just took off the old toilet and the flange is a little rusted. The metal still has its integrity and is not rusted through it just looks like it's superficial on the outside. There is no water damage to the subfloor. Could I...
  15. Vince B

Toto TSU51A Fill Valve

Hello all, Can you adjust the water level on the Toto TSU51A fill valve or is it preset with no adjustment? Thank you for all the information.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks