Recent content by Vietnam Vet

1. V

Low water pressure

Roughly what is the difference in price between the upgrade and replacing the HP tank with another one like it? It is probably about a 60 gallon galvanized HP tank. Thanks for your advice.
  2. V

Low water pressure

As stated in previous posts, my HP pressure tank is seeping in 4 or 5 places. It is slight seepage, but enough to keep the floor wet under the tank. Should my tank be replaced while we are doing all this other work?
  3. V

Low water pressure

I appreciate your advice and wisdom. I have a feeling, after talking with you, there is a leak in the down pipe somewhere. Got a crew coming out to pull the pump tomorrow. Then I'll make the decision to go ahead and and replace the tank at this time or let it seep. If I replace it , I would...
  4. V

Low water pressure

The seepage is very slight, but it is there. This is why I think I have a tank without a bladder. But I can't remember what I purchased roughly 20 years ago. It's a metal tank about 6' tall and 2' in diameter. My pump is a 1/2 HP submersible type. I replaced it also maybe 30 years ago. I...
  5. V

Low water pressure

According to what you said, I have an HP tank. I am fairly certain there is no bladder because there is seepage along a seam in the metal pressure tank. The old check valve had a valve stem or Snifter valve. But the new check valve did not come with a snifter valve and I could get the old one...
  6. V

Low water pressure

Check valve had a slow leak so I replaced it. It is a top side check valve, but the old one has been on there for at least 50 years. It is between the tank and where the pipe goes down to the pump. I don't know what the well static and draw-down water levels are. Before I started having...
  7. V

Low water pressure

The old check valve has been leaking for over a year. It was a slow leak , but it bothered me and I finally had time to replace it. the check valve is between the pump and the tank. I'm not sure what you mean by precharge pressure. I had it set to shut on at 25 and off at 50 I am just...
  8. V

are my questions are even getting posted?

How do I know if my questions are even getting posted?
  9. V

Low water pressure

I am so confused. I had good pressure on my water well. It has a submersible 1/2 HP pump and a pressure tank. I replaced the check valve and everything was fine. But the pressure gauge was cracked and not working correctly so I replaced it a couple days ago. Now the well won't pump up past...
  10. V

pressure tank air pressure

How much air pressure should my pressure tank have? I had to replace my check valve. It didn't come with an air valve so I have ordered one. But I don't know how much air to put in the system once the valve arrives. Also do I drain the tank to check the air pressure or do I check it full...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks