Recent content by Vetteski

1. Vetteski

Condensation from the stack

Dana, Thanks for all of your advice. It looks like I have some work to do.
  2. Vetteski

Dana Thanks for the info. I'm starting to understand what is needed to fix the problem. Yes it its fan assisted exhaust. The current 8" stack is single metal with a 1/2" rigid insulation surrounding it. So you think I should rip out all of the old stack? Won't the new 3" stack have...
  3. Vetteski

It just reads Luxaire High Efficiency on the door. It is model # PCMD-LD08H057B It reads 45,000 and 57,000 BTUs I did find a plate inside the cabinet that lists part #s for 3" stack pipe Do I need 3" stainless stack pipe for this? Can I leave the existing stack there and run the new pipe...
  4. Vetteski

thanks for the replies. The stack is probably original from the fifties and it is double wall insulated. It probably has deteriorated but most of the neighboring houses have the same stack coming out of their roofs. There is no manual in the house so maybe I can get one from Luxaire if...
  5. Vetteski

Hi guys, I've recently bought a small rental house with a hot air gas furnace in a first floor closet. The exhaust stack comes out of the furnace at 3" and is adapted to an 8" pipe going through the roof. The exhaust is condensing in the stack and running out of the pipe as well as...
  6. Vetteski

Dual heat systems

Wow, I didn't expect to be brought up in front of the ethics committee. Both of my tenants have been in this building for over 20 years. I keep their rents below market because of their longevity. There has been no lease for years and even if there was the terms can be changed with a few months...
  7. Vetteski

Dual heat systems

I have a two story, two unit apartment house that is currently heated with an oil fired hot water system with CI radiators. I curently pay for the heat as the system is all tied together and controlled with one thermostat on the 1st floor. I'm thinking of adding some electric baseboard units in...
  8. Vetteski

Pump sizing?

As I stated in the O post the water level is at 50' below the surface. We have not run out of water but we are getting lots of air coming out of the faucets. When the pump starts I can hear the rush of water coming into the tank. I have removed the well cap and cycled the pump and don't see or...
  9. Vetteski

Pump sizing?

Thanks for your replies. Do 1/2 hp pumps come with different # of stages? And what would the correct amount of them be for my application? The reason I suspected a bad check valve is I started getting alot of rust in my whole house water filter and the water pressure is still strong. I...
  10. Vetteski

Pump sizing?

Thanks in advance for all of the knowledge you guys share. I need to replace the check valve at my submersible pump sometime soon. I also have a check valve in the basement that keeps the pressure from draining back. We have lived here for over 11 years so the pump is older than that. I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks