Recent content by varunner

1. varunner

Location of Sand Trap?

On my system, there is a PRV on the manifold attached to the pressure tank. I think what I'll do is add another one on the pump side of my sand trap, that should take care of an over pressure if the sand trap becomes clogged up.
  2. varunner

Location of Sand Trap?

How would a PRV function in this situation ?
  3. varunner

Location of Sand Trap?

Thanks for the replies. I agree a plugged sand trap is a show stopper. I believe the one I'm looking at uses the same method to remove sand as the Lakos model. Stainless is nice, but my pressure tank is fiberglass, so a fiberglass sand trap is ok with me. I think I'll talk to the manufacturer...
  4. varunner

Location of Sand Trap?

I have a submerged pump(120' deep) which has been pumping black sand since it was new, 12 yrs. ago. The amount of sand present in drinking glasses, and sinks varies over time from just a trace to a lot. During this time the water heater, toilet tanks, and the pressure tank all have accumulated...
  5. varunner

Info needed on Sand Trap Manufactures/Distributors

Thanks. I did, and their traps look like a quality piece. Price @ $300 I had also found this one for @$200 http://www.apwinc.com/mini-sand-trap.html Anyone know of any others?
  6. varunner

Info needed on Sand Trap Manufactures/Distributors

Need help on purchasing a sand trap. My submerged well has pumped a small amount of black sand for several years now, and don't want a high maintance filter as a solution. Anyone know where I can get a sand trap for a good price? thanks Brian
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks