valveman's Recent Activity

1. valveman liked Joe Vicini's post in the thread Well pump loosing prime.

Found the problem. Traced the poly well pipe out side and found I had put a very small nick in the pipe when I had installed some...

May 7, 2021 at 4:00 PM
  2. valveman replied to the thread Can Pressure tanks be installed above a jet pump?.

You want a stainless or brass spring loaded poppet style check valve on the suction side of pump. Yeah just rotate tee and connect to...

May 7, 2021 at 7:46 AM
  3. valveman replied to the thread Help with a 1hp jet pump cycling on a shallow well.

If it only cycles when the water is shut off and the pump should stop, the pressure switch could be too far from the tank, or the foot...

May 5, 2021 at 4:55 AM
  4. valveman replied to the thread Help with a 1hp jet pump cycling on a shallow well.

Again, do you have a check valve?

May 4, 2021 at 3:18 PM
  5. valveman replied to the thread Help with a 1hp jet pump cycling on a shallow well.

Do you have a check valve?

May 4, 2021 at 1:04 PM
  6. valveman replied to the thread Irrigation, Probably a crazy idea but.......

Poly pipe is fine. It won't effect your house plumbing unless you are using all the water you can get for irrigation.

May 4, 2021 at 8:34 AM
  7. valveman replied to the thread Help! Troubleshooting well leak.

If the leathers and foot valve on the packer are sealing, the water in the casing should not drop. You may have to raise or lower the...

May 4, 2021 at 8:31 AM
  8. valveman liked Mattt1986's post in the thread New well point struck water...but ZERO gpm.

Thanks for the thoughts. Local well drillers were not interested in helping me undercut their business, so I would up doing my own due...

May 4, 2021 at 8:26 AM
  9. valveman replied to the thread Help with a 1hp jet pump cycling on a shallow well.

Don't know where to get an o-ring like that. Good luck with that! But when you get the pump working you will either need to run it...

May 4, 2021 at 8:25 AM