Recent content by Valpohawkeye

1. Valpohawkeye

Please comment on my DWV diagram

Did you mean "either a 3" vert or horiz main?" That's odd considering washers are actually discharging less water than they used to, with the high-efficiency trends catching on.
  2. Valpohawkeye

Is this disposal plumbed right?

yes, that should be a tailpiece going into the disposal.
  3. Valpohawkeye

Gigantic plumbers sale!!! *pics*

I'm not sure who this comment was directed too. I was just making a joke about the wording of the title of the thread. I'm a licensed plumber who's 6'3" and 192lbs., so I know the stereotype isn't true that all plumbers are fat. Oh, and I've never shown a customer my butt crack... at least on...
  4. Valpohawkeye

Gigantic plumbers sale!!! *pics*

I'm confused. The title seems to imply that very large plumbers are for sale. Sounded more like an HR thing than sales thread.
  5. Valpohawkeye

Old Delta stock at big box store

I'm clearly not cool enough to hang out with you "real" plumbers, even though I had to work just as hard to get my license as any of you. I will share this in leaving, though. I will frequently find "real" tradesman intentionally putting fitting bins and other product in disarray. At...
  6. Valpohawkeye

Wow, you just can't help yourself, can you. Aren't moderators supposed to maintain appropriate decorum and not fan the flames? Besides, how many other "big box" stores are putting licensed plumbers and electricians in nearly every store to better help homeowners? Not exactly exemplary of poor...
  7. Valpohawkeye

Maybe you misunderstood the first post. He didn't specify HD, you did in a later post. I'm not trying to argue anything other than the fact that you implied an HD associate would be unable to ID the correct faucet because we're just "aprons".
  8. Valpohawkeye

Nothing "happened" really. I worked in a family-owned business for 6 years, but we all know that sometimes family and business can't be together forever. I went to a mid-sized HVACR company as a tech and did pretty well for myself there for several more years. However, HD opened up...
  9. Valpohawkeye

Perhaps I misunderstood the intent of the quoted post. You seemed to suggest a box-store employee is too poorly trained to realize that "DST" in a Delta model number means diamond seal technology. I don't have the catalog memorized but I did manage to figure that out.
  10. Valpohawkeye

While I agree that many box stores have poorly-trained staff, HD does employ hundreds, if not thousands of licensed plumbers to staff their plubming departments. I know this because I'm a licensed plumbing contractor and I work full time for HD. Each store in my district has a licensed plumber...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks