Recent content by Vagrantx291

1. Vagrantx291

Question regarding hybrid heat pumps and colder climates

Not too concerned on the price, although looking at the energy star ratings in terms of electricity cost it seems like it essentially can pay for itself within a few years. I am replacing a rheem unit that is electric and unfortunately no gas to look at that as an option. My basement does...
  2. Vagrantx291

Thanks for the reply, I get the general concept of them so that makes sense, my concern was really just the location I have to work with. it sounds like reaching out to them to get some further insights on the location is my next step. I have seen some photos of hybrid units where people are...
  3. Vagrantx291

I'm getting ready to replace my older 2010 rheem water heater as its showing signs of rust/issues at the bottom of the tank. I've been looking at hybrid heat pump water heaters specifically the AO smith Voltex HPTU-50N. I'm not partial to AO smith but I'd prefer to stay with them or Bradford...
  4. Vagrantx291

Water Main inside has a slow leak

Thanks, figured I'd check here first but yeah I've never seen those parts before. Going to call the township today to see if its their problem or mine.
  5. Vagrantx291

Water Main inside has a slow leak

Hi All, I've posted here before (although awhile back). I'm pretty good with some of the more basic stuff but this one I'm just not sure about since I've never seen these type of fittings before. I've got a water main with the meter inside my house and its started to have a slow leak recently...
  6. Vagrantx291

Basement Toilet, no flange & looks like cast iron

I did find this, https://www.amazon.com/Genova-Products-75158S-Universal-Stainless/dp/B00AN8BJIG would this be a better option?
  7. Vagrantx291

Thanks, I'll certainly be careful. I didn't see anything else other than plastic retrofits, even after searching online.
  8. Vagrantx291

Thanks for the reply. I ended up purchasing this and it worked great. Haven't attached it with tapcons just yet but I will once I'm ready to tile. http://www.homedepot.com/p/4-in-PVC-DWV-Gasket-Closet-Flange-886-GP/202313119?MERCH=REC-_-homepagehorizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-202313119-_-N
  9. Vagrantx291

Hello, I'm a newbie when it comes to plumbing and I'm currently renovating my basement bathroom (house was built in 73) I noticed upon removing the old toilet that there was on flange, the bolts were in the concrete and there was just a rubber ring and old wax behind it. The pipe is rusted...
  10. Vagrantx291

New Kitchen & undermount sink with plumbing problem

I'm going to call in a Pro do to this one. I have no problem sweating copper pipe and doing the basics but this part is out of my comfort zone. I did not even think it was going to be a problem with the undermount sink so I didn't even consider it when I had the walls open. From what I can...
  11. Vagrantx291

That's what I figured, ugh I was afraid of that. The other side of the wall is outside. Is there a way to just open the wall and lower where that piece comes out or is it much more involved than that? I guess I'm trying to figure out what I should be preparing for cost wise. The other thing is...
  12. Vagrantx291

My issue is that I need to install a garbage disposal and the rest of the related plumbing for a kitchen sink. The problem seems to be that the waste line (in the wall) is too high for the sink because its a deeper under mount sink. If I tried to setup the plumbing as it is now the p-trap would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks