Recent content by USFishin

1. USFishin

Tankless water heater Scenario

Yeah I'll probably have to wait until Feb. or so. The electrical panel is only 6 feet or so to the water heater so I can just rig it up temporarily for a test.
  2. USFishin

I thought of an idea... since I am going to be getting the 13kw heater for under the kitchen sink, what if after I get it I hook it up in place of my tank heater for a few days or a week? I can then use that as a gauge of 1/2 what the 27kw heater will output. I'll hook it up when it's really...
  3. USFishin

Looks like it is somewhere around 50 or upper 40's. http://www.epa.gov/athens/learn2model/part-two/onsite/ex/jne_henrys_map.html I think you'd have a much larger swing between high and low up there though.
  4. USFishin

All the charts I've seen are average groundwater temps, not lows or highs. I guess in this scenario I'd be concerned about what the low temp is. I'm not in a big hurry to put it in or anything so I think I'll monitor our water temp this winter and see what temp it drops down to when it's...
  5. USFishin

I'm looking at a 13KW unit for under our kitchen sink. That should give us 2.5 GPM at a groundwater temp of 65 degrees.
  6. USFishin

We don't have any plans to sell the house any time soon so we would size the WH based on our usage. I don't foresee us using more than 2 showers at a time. I was looking at possibly getting a 27KW heater. It appears as though that should give us enough water to run 2 showers at the same time...
  7. USFishin

I know the general consensus here is against tankless electric water heaters. I think I’ve got a unique situation here though. What do you think… I live in the Tampa Bay area so it looks like the average water temp is somewhere in the mid 70’s. Currently my electric tank water heater is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks