Recent content by UpTheRiver

1. U

Basement Sink Installation

The main floor above has a nine foot ceiling. There is a firestop in every wall cavity, without exception. The builder always has his framers install them as they go along in order to help prevent wavy walls. I verified the firestops by looking at pictures I took when the house was being framed...
  2. U

How do you fish the 2" pipe past the fire stops?
  3. U

There is no way for me to run a new vent pipe to the attic. I can get to an existing vent pipe (different stack) by running a line up in the basement trusses under the main floor. Its a long run, and there is no way for me to have a constant slope. There are just too many obstacles to deal with...
  4. U

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm at another location right now, so no additional pics for several days. I believe I would have noticed any capped off vent lines. though. I looked it over, trying to find one without success. It is a future rough, intended for a sink installed right next to...
  5. U

Hello Everyone. I need to install a small sink in our basement. I plan to run the drain into the pipe shown here. The existing soil pipe serves one bathroom with two sinks, one of which gurgles, a toilet, tub, and shower. It does not serve any other areas of the house. The sink will be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks