Recent content by Underwater

1. Underwater

Need Advice Before Re-piping house

Thanks for the reply. Seems like a bad idea to me as well but the plumber says he does this all of the time. It's not a fly by night plumber; it's a family business that's been around a very long time serving a high end and demanding clientele.
  2. Underwater

Need Advice Before Re-piping house

I have galvanized steel pipes, about 47 years old, and the hot water pressure is very low, even on the short runs. I can see where some leaks have been repaired in the past and there are some rust spots in other areas. I've been advised to change the horizontal supply lines first because they...
  3. Underwater

Toto UltraMax vs Supreme

Thanks for the quick response. I was also just looking at the UltraMax II. I've seen a lot of very positive comments in other posts about it from you and from others. Does it have the same flushing power as the UltraMax even though it uses a lot less water? I want to put my plunger in the...
  4. Underwater

Toto UltraMax vs Supreme

I'm considering installing a Toto UltraMax or Supreme. Besides the tank height, is there any other difference? Will the tank height provide a more powerful flush? I am relacing a one piece Kohler which is awful. I've had a couple of plumbers tell me one reason is the tank height is so low. Fact...
  5. Underwater

Kitchen Faucet Advice

I am only going on what the plumber who sold me the faucet said. I will go back and check the documentation. But regardless, I still have to pay a trip charge and labor to remover and again to reinstall. I am not sure I want to go a third time with Moen even if the hardware is free. A free...
  6. Underwater

Kitchen Faucet Advice

First Moen was in previous house. I bought it because it had a built in filter. About a month after the warranty expired, it began to leak and I was told it needed a new cartridge. I replaced that and it still leaked. Moen at first refused to do anything about it. But I thought that I should...
  7. Underwater

Kitchen Faucet Advice

I am replacing a 2 year old Moen kitchen faucet (for the second time) and vow not to see if the third time is a charm. Can anyone suggest a good brand/model pull out kitchen faucet in the $175-$250 range? I saw a Hansgrohe model at Costco but not sure if it is made special for them to lower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks