Recent content by underthetablethinker

1. underthetablethinker

Is this an S-Trap?

The photo shows the piping for the shower, the toilet will have a 2" vent coming off the line ~2' into the horizontal run to the stack. I hadn't yet understood the vent/weir relationship and now it's clear. I will sketch up my plan for the plumbing and post in a new thread. Thank you all for...
  2. underthetablethinker

Is this an S-Trap?

Had a plumber over on friday to give advice on how I should vent my 3" toilet drain, and even after telling the receptionist on both phone calls I was only looking for an idea on where to run the vent line, the guy was still upset when I told him I was doing the work myself. He said he's not in...
  3. underthetablethinker

Square to Round Duct Transition - Cannot find anywhere??

I saw the ceiling register boot but thought it would take some hacking to get it to work. I'm beginning to realize that with ductwork pretty isn't really important, sometimes you just do what you can and use a lot of tape to cover it up. That sounds about right?
  4. underthetablethinker

Square to Round Duct Transition - Cannot find anywhere??

In remodeling my bathroom I had to convert a 6"x6" square duct underneath the floor joists in the basement to flex so I can get around my new toiler drain. I cannot for the life of me find a 6"x6" square to 6" round transition anywhere. Do I need to fabricate one myself? I don't know what to...
  5. underthetablethinker

Relocated Toilet Drain Directly Above 2x10 Floor Joist

I should have mentioned the toilet back to from runs left to right in the first picture, so if I move it to the right any further it will be too far away from the wall. I already have it 12 1/4 from drywall as is. I think the offset flange will be perfect, if I cut into the top of the joist a...
  6. underthetablethinker

Shark bites

I use them in temporary (few months) fixes as I'm re-plumbing my entire house and they make easy transitions from copper (existing) to pex. I would not suggest using a sharkbite on the sides of a filter. When you open the housing to change the filter you're going to be putting a significant...
  7. underthetablethinker

Relocated Toilet Drain Directly Above 2x10 Floor Joist

Can I sister the backside of the floor joist and then notch the front side so I can fit my drain in? I can find plenty of advice for drain that needs to go through the joist horizontally, but none when a toilet drain is above the joist. The nail with green tape is dropped in from the bathroom...
  8. underthetablethinker

Insulation above shower drop ceiling

First post so bear with me... I am working on air sealing for my 1965 ranch style home in NJ, and noticed that the insulation in the attic above the tiled shower is black and brittle (kraft paper) and falling apart. I want to remove the existing R-12 and add a significant increase in R value...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks