Recent content by uncoolcentral

1. uncoolcentral

Hot Water Heater - hot water expanding back into cold pipes

Right on. I'll confirm and reply back. Thanks
  2. uncoolcentral

Interesting, but not what I was mentioning. How do these traps prevent/address pressure from building up in the tank? If hot water doesn't have anywhere to go, (no open faucets, can't go back into the cold send) pressure can get more than silly. That's not to say that I know where the hot...
  3. uncoolcentral

When I run cold water at any faucet, the water gets hot after a few seconds, then gets cold again. I checked for crossed/touching pipes, and heating/defrost devices. None found. So I figure that as the hot water heats in the hot water heater tank, it expands, sending hot water back up into...
  4. uncoolcentral

Septic drain line above ground after dirt settled.

joke hube makes joke - hcj misses it - funny
  5. uncoolcentral

Special Basement Drain

my sewer system... The only thing (to my knowledge) leading to the septic system is the lone toilet. AFAIK everything else dumps into the creek about 30' from the house. I'm almost positive that this basement drain does not go into the septic, because if it did, the system would've surely...
  6. uncoolcentral

Special Basement Drain

P They're saying that a vented P-trap is the way to go... or something. Seems weird to me too. I see S-traps everywhere. I want to know if my latest diagram is a decent solution though. http://www.uncoolcentral.com/images/dump/non_stupid_pipe2.gif Look reasonable to everyone? If not...
  7. uncoolcentral

Special Basement Drain

revised goodness Ok then, how about I add a 1/2" vent tube to the works and kill the S-trap, making it a straight pipe? amazing new diagram http://www.uncoolcentral.com/images/dump/non_stupid_pipe2.gif The gasses would go through the vent, which would equalize any pressure to prevent...
  8. uncoolcentral

Special Basement Drain

Think I've got it (the beauty of rural areas... no plumbing code, except when you sell your house, and only then, if you know about it... god knows WTF is jimmy-rigged in my house...) Regardless, I think I've got a solution. I sent the challenge out to a list-serve I'm on. The following...
  9. uncoolcentral

Special Basement Drain

Exciting new info! The two hoses into the current pipe do a DECENT job of sealing it. That's not to say perfect, but they're damn snug in there. With the pipe in place, you might be able to smell a little something nasty if you put your nose in places it shouldn't really be. Where can find...
  10. uncoolcentral

Special Basement Drain

The no-trap isn't a problem when the pipe is in, as the two hoses feeding it seal the top of the pipe. I'll surely fix the hole in the foundation when the weather clears (i.e. May 2005) but there are other, smaller h2o seepings too. *sigh* I'm certain that I'll have to dig and install a...
  11. uncoolcentral

Special Basement Drain

The current scenario (http://www.uncoolcentral.com/images/dump/stupid_pipe.gif) is ugly, rusty, and requires occasional maintenance to be effective. The goal is a simple, pretty, rust-proof, maintenance-free solution. The prize? A laminated certificate of engineering achievement placard...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks