Recent content by ultra60

1. ultra60

Shower arm - pipe dope question

John - not sure if it chrome plated brass, but I'd say its not plastic for sure.. has some weight to it. Am able to look into the wall, and don't see any drips. Thanks, Chris
  2. ultra60

Yes.. the job is done, and thanks for all the replies. I stopped by a plumbing supply house and got some thread sealant. I installed the arm hand tight, getting about 4 turns in. Not sure if I should have cranked it one more time around. Feels pretty solid as is.
  3. ultra60

If I decided to use both, would it be tape on the shower arm, dope on the fitting in the wall, then screw them together? Thanks Just saw HJ's post after I submitted this one. So it sounds like with the connection in the wall, I only need pipe dope perhaps.
  4. ultra60

Thanks.. so thread sealant/pipe dope is not needed for the fitting inside the wall? Is pipe dope also known as TEFLON® pipe sealant?
  5. ultra60

Hello, I am replacing a shower arm. Instructions only call for use of tape. I've heard so many say tape + pipe dope. Which pipe dope is recommended? I have some Rectorseal 5. Can this be used with the TEFLON® tape? If not, could use please recommend something that is readily available...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks