Recent content by tzzoooma

1. T

Bathroom Vanity Conumdrum

Replacing old vanity with this. Problem is the water supply lines and one of the drains doesn't line up with the opening. They're off to the side, where the drawers are in the vanity. What are my options to make this work?
  2. T

Shower drain help

okay, i'll pick one up and see if it's a go. thanks for your help.
  3. T

Shower drain help

Thanks, but there isn't much room left to access the vent line, maybe 2 inches of it after i cut away the tee. Not sure how I could do it now, maybe just live with the shower drain reduced to 1.5" and then into the current tee? Any ideas?
  4. T

Shower drain help

I've replaced the 1.5" drain with a 2". Finally got under to see the connections, and the 1.5" drain line hooks up to the 1.5" vent and 2" drain with a sanitary tee with those 3 size openings. Can I/should I replace the 1.5" shower drain line with a 2"? If so, is there a sanitary tee...
  5. T

shower drain is only 1.5"

replacing my shower and new drain has 2" connection. I know code calls for 2", but this fairly new house apparently got by with a narrow one. It's over the garage, so underneath access isn't too big a deal i guess, but...... what's involved in making it a 2" drain? would i run it over to...
  6. T

New vanity and drains are way off

ok, i think i'll get it. thanks all.
  7. T

Problem is getting from the p-trap to the tail piece - sideways distance that is 1 foot', and therefore longer than the distance the p-trap can reach when swiveled.
  8. T

http://www.geocities.com/saldnm/drain_offset.gif Is this right?
  9. T

So I need to extend the stub out, then install the old P-trap (or a new elongated one?), then route from there to the sink drain, to do it properly?
  10. T

Thanks, but as much as I try, I haven't a clue what that is, or could possibly be? Is there another name?
  11. T

New sink is about 6" taller and 1' to the side of the drain stub out. Is there a specific way to tackle getting them connected with a new p trap, or particular bend I need to use? Or what I shouldn't do?
  12. T

Splitting vanity light into two

Had no box previously, and want to have 2 10lbs lights instead of 1 bar. Old wire would reach one, and will run new wire to the other thru studs. What kind of boxes can I use? Thinking round, but will be tight next to a drain line, so it is possible to use a rectangular box? Plastic or...
  13. T

Bathroom drain in my way

Bathroom drain in my way - HELP! Cut open the wall (1'x3' space) of my 2nd floor bath to split the single light into two. Problem is that there is the 2" PVC sink drain line when the box will go, and assuming it goes up to the roof? What options do I have? Thinking of cutting drain and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks