Recent content by type@uwm.edu

1. type@uwm.edu

Cast Iron or Bronze Circulation Pump?

Thanks for your expertise! Rob D.
  2. type@uwm.edu

Cast Iron or Bronze Circulation Pump?

Hi-- I'm advising my plumber re pump model choice for water circulation in a closed-loop system for radiant floor heating using a masonry heater. We're looking at the Taco 007 series. One pump will used for the storage tank- heater loop (copper pipe, ~7gpm) and two pumps will be used for the...
  3. type@uwm.edu

Hard Water Compatibility Open Loop Heat Pump

Sorry about that. I post follow-ups there. Rob D.
  4. type@uwm.edu

That's encouraging. Do you think some coils/heat pumps could be easier to clean than others? I'm having a hard time researching equipment options on-line. Could anyone point me to a ~3 ton heat pump that's suited for an open system so I can get a better idea of what is involved? Rob D.
  5. type@uwm.edu

Hi- I'm contemplating using water from a residential 6" well I'll be drilling soon for an open loop system. Most of the wells around me are 100-150 ft deep and have high iron and mineral content. I assume that the minerals build-up in the coils and/or elsewhere. Is there a work-around for this...
  6. type@uwm.edu

pump shuts off too quickly - new system

Thanks. I'd hate to damage or lessen the life of the brand new unit. I'll contact Grundfos and ask them first if the system seems to be cycling on and off and needs remedy. So far, setting the pressure tank pressure correctly has stopped it. Rob D.
  7. type@uwm.edu

Will do. Karen at Cycle Stop Valves computed a 25-45 psi pressure switch range with my 14 gallon draw-down pressure tank and their CSV40 so that was my cue. The Aquastar might work better with the higher pressure as you suggest.
  8. type@uwm.edu

I lowered the tank pressure to 23 psi and up'd the pressure switch to 25-45 psi and it works! Next to see the Aquastar 1600H LP hot water heater on demand works. Thanks valveman and prd823! Terrific forum your efforts have created. Rob D.
  9. type@uwm.edu

I'll lower the tank pressure to 18 psi first. If the system works, would adding the CSV40 still benefit the system somehow? It'll be here tomorrow. The valve company made it sound like a CSV would help any system. Rob D.
  10. type@uwm.edu

This makes sense to me. I was searching for typical pressure settings as I could not explain why tank did not seem to be filling even when the pump was on. I ordered the CSV40 valve. I guess I'll install the valve and lower the pressure tank to 18 psi. Out of curiosity, what pressure should...
  11. type@uwm.edu

Very good; I'll look into the CSV40. The SQF pump is now wired through a simple A/B switch for AC or DC (future solar) power and routed through a common pressure switch. The solar component will not have/charge batteries at this point. Investing in a controller would expand my future options if...
  12. type@uwm.edu

Thanks for your generous help! Its a Grundflos SQFlex-11 helical pump. Right, I'm using only a pressure switch, no CU controller.( Its odd that my pump system supplier knew I was using it for a shower with a large pressure tank and did not suggest a cycle stop valve.) Is a product like this...
  13. type@uwm.edu

Hi-- This is my first post, I've recently retired and have more time than money so I'm installing my own plumbing on a well for a shower house. My system is a Grundfos SQF-11 submersible pump, a Wellmate WM-14 pressure tank (precharged to 40 psi) and a 20-40 psi Shur-Dri Pressure Switch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks