Recent content by Twotone

1. Twotone

Deepening well to install geothermal system

I looks like the CSV would replace the pressure tank tee.
  2. Twotone

I was curious too. It has (2) taps on the left discharge side. The one on the top is plugged. The one on the front side has a 1/4" sample/drain valve. There are two protrusions on the inlet side that have not been drilled and tapped. There is one protrusion on the discharge that has not been...
  3. Twotone

Thanks, There is a union going into the tank, however there is a ball valve screwed onto the other side of the tee and a screwed fitting that is soldiered to the copper pipe going to the house. I did slide the tank closer to the edge of the shelf and unscrew the elbow going to the black hose...
  4. Twotone

Thanks, Reach is correct the switch on the tank manifold is not wired. I moved the switch on the tank manifold to the motor/jet location. No change to the chattering. I read valveman's post on the check valve between the pump and tank. I attempted to remove it. It is frozen on the...
  5. Twotone

Here is a photo of the existing system.
  6. Twotone

I have a problem with the storage tank booster pump rapidly short cycling. I checked the bladder by depressing the valve core in the top of the tank. All air. I drained the pressure tank. At the end of the draining air came out of the tank. I thought it may have been water logged. I...
  7. Twotone

The tank is in the basement garage at the front edge of the house closest to the well. The house is on a steep sloping lot, sloping downward towards the front of the house. In the current position the storage tank would overflow out the top and flood the basement garage floor. To go with the...
  8. Twotone

I ran the installed pump 7G10 (not a GS) into a 5 gallon bucket with a stopwatch. It is pumping ~7 gpm. Ran it for 30 minutes with no change in the flow. The storage tank has a level float switch and is located in the garage. I was wanting to prevent it from overflowing. My thoughts were to...
  9. Twotone

The well is completed. 478 ft depth, pre-pumping static level 275 ft. Water encountered at 398-418 ft & 465 ft. Test rate 17 gpm. 1 hr. 105 feet of drawdown. Sustainable yield 17 gpm. Pump set at 415 ft. Goulds 7G10 with 1 HP Franklin motor. No noticeable drawdown at 6 gpm. With pumping...
  10. Twotone

The driller started on Monday the 17th. Sometime between 1990 and 2007 the well had been deepened but no log was filed with ODNR. The original driller now works for the drilling company I hired. The owner called him and he indicated the original drilling company didn't do the deepening. The...
  11. Twotone

Thanks for the input. Ohio does not allow you to put used water back into the well.
  12. Twotone

Driller came out for site survey and go over estimate yesterday. Estimate included a Goulds 7G10422 pump. Pump will be pumping 6 GPM through a Dole valve through the heat pump into hold tank or to tile field. Otherwise it will be off. Is there a more efficient pump brand at this flow?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks