Recent content by Two60zCowboy

1. Two60zCowboy

Singer Furnace Overhaul

I've never seen any signs of baffles. It makes sense though. Yep, early 80's is my understanding too. This thing is a work horse.
  2. Two60zCowboy

Singer Furnace Overhaul

The ribbon burners are all in good shape. I didn't get a pic of all of them. When I first bought the place 15 years ago, two of the ribbon burners were missing the air flow adjust caps. I knew that was wrong. At the time, I has squirrels running around the attic. So I was Big Time on eliminating...
  3. Two60zCowboy

Singer Furnace Overhaul

Overhaul Pics. This is the only thing I really had to overhaul. I did rewire it about 9 years ago. That was a day I clearly remember. I started out just cleaning the connectors with a wire brush. I got them all looking new. Connected it back up and fired it up and the old wiring started on fire...
  4. Two60zCowboy

Singer Furnace Overhaul

Hello, I have been overhauling my furnace for the last two days. I started with oiling the blower motor and then discovered that one of the burner chambers (2nd to the Right) was not burning efficient and there was some signs of flame rollout when I took the shield off. So it was either fix or...
  5. Two60zCowboy

Complete Replacement of DWV after redesign - where to start installing?

I'd go: Test fit Main stack to toilet with Utility sink and washer drain ensemble I wouldn't start gluing until I had that figured out then Main stack to toilet Utility sink vent up to 90* 1st floor Washer Drain / Vent up work down first floor sink drain at the 90* Meet up stack to first floor...
  6. Two60zCowboy

Removing the stack and planning for the future

Hmmm...That Picture. Those vents... Disclaimer - I might have cabin fever! I have continued to research. Seems that there are other theories about venting a plumbing system (other than IPC 2018 code), such as Combination waste and vent system. The theory of 4" into 2" into 1 1/2". I suppose...
  7. Two60zCowboy

Yikes!, I've seen that picture. It never made any sense until now - "Reventing take place six inches above the flood level of the fixtures served." That means I only have a main line vent. That's gonna take some fancy plumbing, but you made it perfectly clear what needs to be done. Thank You , Sir
  8. Two60zCowboy

Water heater connection. What is this?

Looks like half a water heater dialectric union to me. The junk is the plastic that has corroded.
  9. Two60zCowboy

I've lurked this forum for years. It has always been a go to for me and has been a resource, but now I'm going big....I have old cast iron still in place. The vent/The stack/The line to the street. It is all 4". 1933 is a date that I found under the cement utility sink. It still all works, but I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks