Recent content by TVL

1. TVL

Understanding AccuPurge Valve and Sand Separator

The unit will maintain your settings even if power is lost! The unit has 4 AA batteries inside. The batteries will NOT run a program when power is lost or disconnected. However, if power is lost to the unit during a purge cycle, the battery backup will ensure the valve is closed after the cycle...
  2. TVL

Understanding AccuPurge Valve and Sand Separator

My AP-75 purge valve is setup for program <9> and <E> as frequency. Program <9> means the purge valve will be activated ONCE every 24 hours and <E> indicates the valve will open for 25 seconds once the purge cycle is activated.
  3. TVL

I may want to add a water meter to my well pump line - please advise

I also like the idea of having a water meter for my well. However, I wouldn't want one if it would introduce very much friction loss. If the friction loss would be considered negligible OR have very little effect on pressure (less than 1 PSI), then I might look into getting one as well. Can...
  4. TVL

3 wire submersible pump surge protector

Over the years, I've had two 1HP control boxes that came with the following installed inside the box: https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-JOSLYN-MFG-SECONDARY-SURGE-PROTECTOR-J9200-1-NEW/164015373231?hash=item263013fbaf:g:GN8AAOSwlq9eDeVq I've also purchased a couple of the same a number of years...
  5. TVL

Well pump cycle limits?

If it were me and IF the sprinklers you're using have interchangeable nozzles, I would simply replace the existing nozzles with a little larger nozzle. This will allow you to determine the nozzle size required to keep the pump running continuously and at a suitable pressure. This is what I did...
  6. TVL

Overheating 1hp Goulds Pumps

Not trying to steal this thread, but I have a question for LLigetfa: In reference to the pressure range of a pressure switch - do you feel it's critical to maintain no more than a 20 PSI range on the pressure switch to eliminate the possibility of "torturing" the diaphragm in the pressure tank...
  7. TVL

Pump Motor Recommendation

Thanks so very much Valveman!!!!!! Just out of curiosity, is there a video OR online procedure/web link for checking and refilling a pump motor you can recommend or share. I would very much like to see or read about the process. Thanks again!
  8. TVL

5- Or, is it not recommended to purchase a motor (even one that was just manufactured) and let it sit until needed ………. especially when the sit time might be several years?????
  9. TVL

1- Wet end is a Flint & Walling 10 GPM (used 6 years when old motor failed - wet end in great condition) 2- Old pump has already been replaced with a new F&W 10 GPM pump & motor 3- I was thinking of getting a replacement motor for my old wet end so that I would have a complete spare for...
  10. TVL

This is a 4" PVC cased well ……………. fully cased top to bottom. However, can someone answer my earlier question: I've come across a fairly good price on a NEW, but not in the original box Goulds/Centripro 1HP 4 wire submersible motor. The individual states the motor is about 2 years old. The...
  11. TVL

I've come across a fairly good price on a NEW, but not in the original box Goulds/Centripro 1HP 4 wire submersible motor. The individual states the motor is about 2 years old. The motor brand is CENTRIPRO Is Centripro the motor used by Goulds??? Or does Goulds make their own brand???
  12. TVL

Thanks Reach! However, this is a 4" well, so I can't put a sleeve on the pump.
  13. TVL

Thanks Valveman! I try to locate a good price on either a Franklin, Goulds or Pentair.
  14. TVL

That's great! Should I get a Franklin motor OR most any brand will do?? On the other hand, is there any particular brands I should steer clear of?
  15. TVL

My purpose for this post is to decide if it is reasonable or wise to order a motor for my 6 year old pump head: * The pump end was an F&W 10 GPM (model: 4F10S10301) * At the time the Franklin motor failed, the pump end was functioning perfectly * After removing the pump motor, the pump end...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks