Recent content by Tvizzle

1. Tvizzle

Does out of plumb shower riser matter for no caulk drain?

Its a tile job for a friend, and their plumber wasn't available. My buddy is the type that if it's not leaking it doesn't matter. I'm more anal, especially not being in the trade enough to know when it matters or doesn't matter. I'll definitely replumb it, with someone holding a long stand...
  2. Tvizzle

Does out of plumb shower riser matter for no caulk drain?

I only ask because it’s in a difficult to access area to fix. The glue up resulted in something different than expected… If it passes leak test would you still fix it? Also, rest in peace Terry. Thank you for all your help over the years and this amazing plumbing community.
  3. Tvizzle

Double (triple) vanity sink plumbing

Right! *shotguns beer* I mean somethings still gunna be wet vented, kinda like this: right? The double fixture t needs a vent loop back to the main stack.
  4. Tvizzle

Under the bathroom is either 3” or 4” cast iron, Id have to double check. It serves 4 bathrooms, so my money’s on 4”. I could definitely run 2” back to the hub, the galvy is not in good shape anyways. Should I vent the double fixture even with 2”?
  5. Tvizzle

Hey y’all! Is there a legal way to add a second vanity sink to this? There’s an adjoining bathroom on the other wall, that’s the lav on the right. It’s a 60 inch wall and would be awesome to add another sink!
  6. Tvizzle

Moving sink drain/tie into horizontal run

I wanna drop the new sink right where the mainline comes into the crawl. Is there a way to plumb it into the abs and not disturb the old cast iron? The problem I’m having is I’d be plumbing the horizontal at 180 degrees to reach that wye... they kinda face opposite directions. Or can I just...
  7. Tvizzle

Moving sink drain/tie into horizontal run

hey guys, I’m trying to move the sink drain to the exterior wall and vent with a AAV (I know not the best). Currently the old cast iron has a wye I could use, but it’s pointing the opposite direction, see the pic. (You can also see someone added a sump pump to the system which I’ll be...
  8. Tvizzle

Strange loop/ no vent pipe?

Anybody know the proper way to fix it? We're putting in a new kitchen so no worries on drywall. There is easy crawl space access, and the sink is centered under the kitchen window. Can I just santee up and vent around the kitchen window? I don't think I've ever seen a vent pipe that close to...
  9. Tvizzle

Strange loop/ no vent pipe?

Has anybody seen this before? Would you run a vent through the roof if you were gutting the kitchen anyway? This house is full of craftsmanship. I wish I had a picture of how the 1 1/4" lav is plumbed with flex pipe to the glavanized 1 1/2" stub with a tube of caulk
  10. Tvizzle

Adding Wetbar behind Washer

How does this look? I tried to copy your picture that everyone reposts. The vents are all 1.5", but anywhere that will have water flow is 2". The stub out and trap adapter for the sink is 1.5" too. I haven't glued anything in yet... I do have a permit and will need inspection :eek: Thank...
  11. Tvizzle

Another thought - Ive seen terrys popular diagram of how to do this: But there's really no room at the bottom of the stack to cut the pipe and it's slab on grade. I could try to be careful cutting the old fittings off but I'm hoping theres an easier way to do it?
  12. Tvizzle

Okay.. I know there's hundreds of threads with the same question, but I cant seem to figure this out. We want to add a mini bar with a sink on the opposite side of the wall of the washing machine. All that is on this run is the kitchen sink and the washing machine, tied in right above the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks