Recent content by Tuttles Revenge

1. Tuttles Revenge

Need advice replacing a behind tile shower valve for a shower wand.

You should first determine if the shower valve is leaking or if its just residual water from a long hose. If you take off the hose and plug the outlet with your thumb to see if the outlet builds up pressure when the valve is turned off
  2. Tuttles Revenge

Pinhole leaks in Poly tubing

I'm 100% certain that poly pipe was and is not allowed for use inside of a building structure There are a few posts about leaks in PEX.. most notably this thread. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/multiple-leaks-uponor-pex-2012-home.107400/page-4#post-771405 I've been installing...
  3. Tuttles Revenge

PTFE thread sealant on potable water line

Yep.. not tested or approved for use in a potable system
  4. Tuttles Revenge

Need advice (Vent issue)

So a few things to consider. IF that is a sink on the other side of the wall, the vent must extend Vertically to a point 6" above the flood level of the fixture. Vertical is considered from 45 to 90 degrees from flat horizontal. If that isn't a sink or other fixture, or if the vent is coming...
  5. Tuttles Revenge

Sticky Water

That sounds not good. Good idea to call the water dept.
  6. Tuttles Revenge

Help with OLD Woodford outdoor faucet model identification

Wow.. that is old. Metal handle and escutcheon? I have never encountered one like that. https://www.woodfordmfg.com/woodford/Wall_Faucet_Pages/Model-14.html Likely the manufacture would be able to ID and locate parts if available.
  7. Tuttles Revenge

Moving a toilet, Is this Legit?

Yep.. UPcodes got me. I was reading their prior adopted 2012 IRC. The since have adopted 2018 UPC without amendments and IRC with exclusions likely plumbing. The new toilet is required to be vented with 2" and AAV are not permitted. Depending on how difficult it would be to connect the...
  8. Tuttles Revenge

The method of connecting the drain to the stack is good. The vertical wye is the best method of adding that branch. Without fully reading the NE code to understand it entirely and applying UPC/IPC methods which are usually similar. The drain would rise vertical to a point in or under the joist...
  9. Tuttles Revenge

Yes, I think we're on the same page. The toilet needs its own individual vent. I was reading up on their peculiar waste/vent stack code but erased it once I got to the part where toilets aren't allowed.. but looks like I left the link to it by accident as it doesn't apply here.
  10. Tuttles Revenge

Normally I would think that each fixture requires its own vent or shared if plumbed with Horizontal or Vertical Wet Venting. P3106.1 Individual Vent Permitted Each trap and trapped fixture shall be permitted to be provided with an individual vent. The individual vent shall connect to the fixture...
  11. Tuttles Revenge

ToTo Neorest 500

The leak on your N500 was likely from the solenoid valve. That unit has been removed from the list of servicable toilets.
  12. Tuttles Revenge

Toto neorest 500 seat assembly?

In 2023 Toto stopped sending out service tickets for the N500 and N600. A couple more older models will soon be on that list.
  13. Tuttles Revenge

3” double fixture

Interesting question. A double san tee (DST) isn't against code per se, but it does go against the installation instructions of toilet manufacturers for back to back toilet installations. The reason is that the sudden dump of a lot of toilet water will skip across the DST and push water up the...
  14. Tuttles Revenge

Delta 38 neo shower base with unlevel floor using levelquick rs stil not quite level

A fraction off level in a 34" space is less bad than if it were a 60" shower or tub. Some times less is more.
  15. Tuttles Revenge

Urgent help please locating this valve (?)

Good catch. That actually looks like a ford compression joint. We see them where they connect from the city copper pigtail to the house galvanized since it can seal on mishapen pipe.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks