Recent content by TruckeeTrout

1. TruckeeTrout

Delete my account

Just like the late departed member 83859, please delete my account. I, too, am streamlining my online presence. Thank you.
  2. TruckeeTrout

Looking for my faucet make and/or model

I'll hazard a guess that it's an American Standard. I finally got the nerve to crank on the packing nut hard enough to get the cartridge out. The cartridge, at least on mine, is a common part available at Home Depot or Ace Hardware: Model # 994053-0070A/H. You can remove the "bell" by first...
  3. TruckeeTrout

Looking for my faucet make and/or model

Remarkably, this is virtually identical to the faucet I'm trying to identify. Mine is only slightly different:
  4. TruckeeTrout

Waste vent ends under roof...

Thanks. This is, unfortunately, what I expected. Since the town incorporated about 15 years ago inspections have gotten substantially more rigorous. In the 80s I think the inspections where done as drive-bys.
  5. TruckeeTrout

That is certainly true now. But was it ever an allowable practice, or is this just another example of very lax local inspection?
  6. TruckeeTrout

While looking for a roof leak in the space between the roof & ceiling I noticed that the drain waste vent pipe simply ended below a hole in the roof. The roof has an exhaust cap at the hole so at least that's not the source of water leak. [Squirrel entry port is possibly a different story. To...
  7. TruckeeTrout

Threaded nipple too long for tub spout!

Boy am I glad I found this! Had to install a rear wall threaded tub spout where there was 1/2" copper stubbed out of a tiled wall. The Nibco 704-F saved having to rip out and replace the tile! Thanks immensely. Spout is now nicely installed. George
  8. TruckeeTrout

Vessel sink installation - rigid?

hj, Thanks for your assistance. I ended up taking the thing apart and reassembling. Altho' the manufacturer's tech support guy said finger tight should be adequate, it wasn't. I snugged up the nut with a pair of channel locks and the sink will now not move during 'normal maintenance'...
  9. TruckeeTrout

w/ install instructions Thanks for your replies. Here's the Decolav installation directions which shows the 'sandwich' of drain, sink, mounting ring and countertop. The black washer shown there is rubber and forms a good seal - I've used the sink for a couple of months now without leaking...
  10. TruckeeTrout

I recently installed a vessel sink as part of a DIY remodel project. The sink is a Decolav, with all the proper hardware. My question is whether one should expect the sink to be rigid - that is, not move during normal cleaning and wiping. I'm reluctant to crank down on the thing. It's...
  11. TruckeeTrout

Loss of pressure after repair!

Now I know what's inside... Ended up taking the HG faucet apart to discover, I guess, that the check valve in the hand unit was clogged. It now works as before. I'm hoping it was just coincidence that if failed at the same time my nailing failed! George
  12. TruckeeTrout

Looks like it's at the faucet itself. Odd. Could be just coincidence, but...? The faucet is a Hans Grohe single lever type. There are short supply lines from the stops to meet the lines in the faucet unit itself. When these lines are disconnected, there appears to be acceptable pressure...
  13. TruckeeTrout

update, of sorts... I was able to check the new hot water supply for the laundry and it's okay. Curiously, both hot & cold in kitchen have no pressure. Next test is to remove faucet from the equation and check at the angle stops. G
  14. TruckeeTrout

HELP! While installing baseboard in my newly remodelled laundry area I inadvertently punctured a hot water line. Actually, it was a hot water line I'd capped when I moved the hot water supply for the laundry. Repairing the puncture was straightforward - since the line wasn't used I cut it...
  15. TruckeeTrout

Noisy ballcock valve

Many thanks for your suggestions. Looks like another visit to Mr. Lowe's is in order. I'd turned down the supply for a slight improvement, but more would be better. George
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks