Recent content by tropics surfer

1. tropics surfer

Concrete septic

It's never been pumped. Looks like I have some looking around to do for a service. Thanks, oV.
  2. tropics surfer

Concrete septic

A small hole has appeared next to the clean-out opening and is about 3/8" across, just in the past week. This is a concrete septic tank built by a local builder and started being used by the two of us in 2009. It is approx. 10'x 20' and has a raised step on one end for solids and a lower cavity...
  3. tropics surfer

Dayton pressure tank issue

Reach, thanks again..I ran the compressor for 2 intervals to allow it to cool for about 25 minutes total and the pressure now reads 18 psi. Tomorrow I'll get it up to 28-30psi. In the past I'd never needed to add more than 3-4 lbs. of air so didn't know what I was up against starting at zero.
  4. tropics surfer

absolutely right and today I will leave it on longer until it works or blows up. I don't have a regular compressor so we shall see. Thanks, I think you've pinpointed it.
  5. tropics surfer

Not sure about the compressor- it is a Craftsman 250 psi, small but works. Will make another attempt tomorrow. Appreciate the help, thanks.
  6. tropics surfer

valveman, I did just that, pump off, tank is drained completely, line gauge reads zero. But when I put the air compressor to the pressure tank, it appears to be taking pressure. but my 2 tire pressure gauges will not read any air going into the tank. And the line gauge stays flat. No visible...
  7. tropics surfer

not quite 5 year old 3GVT9 62 gal. tank with partial use (muni. water 50% of the time). Water press. low, checked and instead of 30 psi (32-52 range) it showed 25. So, tried to add more air and for some reason, neither of two air pressure gauges would register. Put new valves in Schrader...
  8. tropics surfer

Getting precharged tank pressure exact

Hello again, I have a Dayton 3GVT9 62 gallon vertical tank and have had no problems with it, but lately I notice when the water chamber is near empty the pressure drops noticeably. I bought a second air pressure gauge which has added to the issue. I've been running the pressure switch at 32-52...
  9. tropics surfer

Setting pre-charged tank pressure

UPDATE.. things are normal now..the Parts2/0 press. switch from HD is working fine, it needed some coaxing. Here's why. It states in the instructions that differential is factory set and not adjustable. Ok, it also states nothing about the smaller adjusting nut. However, looking at the inside of...
  10. tropics surfer

I'll do as you suggest...it is how the pump diagram shows it. I wired it this way on the advice of a friend with a similar setup, although with house current. He's knowledgeable in electric wiring but not a pro. It's probably not correct.
  11. tropics surfer

can you clarify that? Right now I have both wires going to one side of the switch..
  12. tropics surfer

Thanks for the good info..this is a 24 volt powered pump, and so far the pressure switch(es) I've used don't seem to notice! I'll be going to Grainger's..
  13. tropics surfer

mailing is out, we are in a rural area, so it's a drive to the Post office, which takes about an hour.. that combined with the brand choices available here makes it a challenge. (wouldn't live anywhere else, love having no neighbors). There is a Grainger's here, I could see what they have. This...
  14. tropics surfer

I'll try anything at this point, however, the pressure switch comes with a factory setting of 30-50...that's what's killing me! At $30 a pop, another switch is worth a try, won't break the budget, but it's a 2 hour trip to HD.
  15. tropics surfer

back again, I might be getting closer. Installed a new water pressure gauge at the "T" and it reads zero with pump off, tank empty. Again, all new pump, tank, etc. Air pressure in precharged tank reads 34 psi. My tire pressure gauge is accurate, I believe, but am looking for another to double...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks