Recent content by TRK

1. TRK

Perplexing water hammer issue

Answers to Questions: Hammer sound detail Primarily a big bang, followed by 1 medium, then 1 quiet Triggering details Most noticeable when quickly shutting off a sink/shower Can also be triggered turning on the hot water in one of the upstairs sinks Most-offending faucets The two upstairs...
  2. TRK

Finally got the gauge and measured exactly 60PSI at the outdoor spigot. I assume this means pressure is on the upper end of normal? I'm not sure if this helps, but is it noteworthy that the hammer sound happens in the same spot no matter which faucet is closed? It makes sense to me that it'd...
  3. TRK

Thanks everyone. I'm waiting on the arrival of my pressure gauge and will report back once I have the finding. New addition: beyond hammering when quickly turning off hot or cold sides of any almost any faucet in the house, I can also trigger a hammer when I turn the hot side of the nearest...
  4. TRK

I'll buy a gauge and report back with incoming line pressure. Yes, I can trigger the water hammer using any faucet in the house. I don't know that the toilets trigger it - they may not close fast enough.
  5. TRK

Thanks, gents. I'm not sure the incoming PSI. I live in a medium sized city and assumed it'd be okay (but can test Worth's idea of partially closing the incoming valve). Answers to Questions: -Lived in this house 11 years, noticed problem for last 1-2. House was built in 1974. -Copper pipes...
  6. TRK

Hello, I have a water hammer issue that I haven't been able to find on this forum, or elsewhere on the internet. *The hammer occurs on the 2nd floor near/between two bathrooms. *The hammer is easily triggered by turning off either the hot or cold of any faucet, or any bathtub (anywhere in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks