Recent content by tritontr

1. T

A coil

You have only 8 months left if you want an R-22 system after that 410A or similar only. Tick-Tock
  2. T

Need help selecting toilet in tight space.

Look at the Compact Cadet 3 from American Standard
  3. T

Future Polybutyl Repair

Crimper I have not seen the one that uses vice-grips. This is a Close Quarters tool you put the crimp ring between two bars then tighten two bolts evenly to make the crimp. I have used it in places where the long handle crimp tool would not fit. I agree you should always use a go/no-go gauge no...
  4. T

Future Polybutyl Repair

crimping tool You can buy a pocket crimper or close quarters crimper for under $40.00 for emergencys. I would keep a supply of PB to Pex fittings in the sizes of pipes in your house. This is for you to make repairs or if you call a plumber the one thing he might not have on his truck is these...
  5. T

Future Polybutyl Repair

poly to pex Go to www.mobilehomerepair.com and you can click on articles and it will show you how to connect from Poly to Pex. There are specific fittings that transition from Poly to Pex. They come in several sizes with the appropriate crimp rings in each package( the crimp rings are different...
  6. T

Different "Grades" of PEX?

Mark go to www.mobilehomerepair.com click on the (forums) category then near the bottom of the page click on (off topic discussions) then the post (Pex installation handbook) download the link it will tell you all you need to know.
  7. T

Expansion Tank

New residential 40 gal. electric water heater with new Watts expansion tank. Due to WH location the expansion tank is installed with a T- fitting in the cold water line a couple of feet above. When filling the system with water I know opening a faucet will purge the air from the WH but what...
  8. T

Polybutylene: Help buying manufactured home

The problem with PB piping as I understand it was when the fittings were plastic not copper. I have a 96 model with no problems so far. Just keep a supply of Pex to Poly fittings and invest in a good crimper and (Go-No Go gauge) if you do your own work. If you don't do any plumbing work yourself...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks