Recent content by TreeTopFlyer

1. TreeTopFlyer

Is there any requirement for structural support for a rough-in shower valve housing?

It’s 3:53 p.m. and the plumbers just discovered that they installed the first rough-in body upside down.
  2. TreeTopFlyer

Is there any requirement for structural support for a rough-in shower valve housing?

If only… Tub / shower back to back with shower. Tile and plaster walls on both sides.
  3. TreeTopFlyer

I am in the middle of a whole house repipe. Part of the job is replacing two handle shower valves with single handle shower valves. The access through the tile and plaster is tight. We are using Moen 1920 remodel cover plates. The plumber says that there isn’t room to add any kind of support to...
  4. TreeTopFlyer

Are Moen M-Core Series 3 cartridges reliable?

Thanks Breplum, If the Moen plate doesn’t work I will check out the Pasco remodel plate. I called Delta to confirm that their remodel plate was plastic. I was told that it is non-metallic. I couldn’t see paying almost a hundred dollars for a plastic remodel plate.
  5. TreeTopFlyer

Terry, After reading some of your installation posts on the Delta 17 series rough in and trim I ordered the Delta LAHARA TempAssure 17T Series trim. The specifications for the Delta trim show the outside diameter to be 7”. I’m not crazy about the Delta remodel plates because they are all...
  6. TreeTopFlyer

Thank you for the suggestion. I will take a look. Any major problems other than hard water deposits with the Delta TempAssure 17T Series? A lot of money going into the whole house repipe and a new waterline from the meter to the house. The horizontal boring machine was pretty cool to see for...
  7. TreeTopFlyer

Are Moen M-Core Series 3 cartridges reliable? Here in Florida I have had salesmen at two wholesale plumbing suppliers basically refuse to order or sell me the Moen UTS344301 Colinet M-CORE 3-Series 1-Handle Trim Kit. I was told that they have experienced multiple returns and complaints about...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks