Recent content by Traveller

1. Traveller

Toilet on tiled concrete floor

How does that thing sit flush with the concrete floor, with those big knobs sticking out on its underside?
  2. Traveller

Toilet on tiled concrete floor

I am putting a toilet in a basement with a tiled concrete floor, requiring me to remove tiles and jackhammer concrete. I am installing 4" DWV pipe for the toilet. My plan is to bring the DWV pipe up higher than the floor, pour concrete to level and re-install tiles up to the pipe. Once...
  3. Traveller

Well water chlorination system

Just out of curiosity, are you saying you are adding 2.5 parts water to one part sodium hypochlorite and then storing this product??
  4. Traveller

Stuck pitless unit. help please.

That pitless adaptor tank is an interesting installation. I wonder where the pressure switch goes.
  5. Traveller

Shallow well questions

Thanks. Not a bad price and cheap insurance at that!
  6. Traveller

Shallow well questions

Ingenious device. How much do they retail for?
  7. Traveller

Burcam Tankless Jet Pump

Thanks for that. I have only seen these advertised but have never seen one up close. A friend of mine who lives in the southern part of our Province phoned me last night for advice on one of these units. The company that sold it to him told him it would produce 65 psi on a constant basis...
  8. Traveller

Burcam Tankless Jet Pump

http://www.burcam.com/en/products?view=details&mainsection_id=100&section_id=20&cat_id=220&sku=506532SS Has anyone ever tried one of these units? They claim a pressure tank is not required for this pump.
  9. Traveller

New 40/60 Pressure switch and bladder tank cant maintain pressure

Just read your latest post. That saves testing the ball valve. I would still test the check valve, once you replace the shutoff ball valve. However, this is beginning to sound like a large hidden leak in your house's plumbing system.
  10. Traveller

New 40/60 Pressure switch and bladder tank cant maintain pressure

If there is a check valve on the pump. I have seen a lot of installations done, mostly by older installers, with the check valve near the bladder tank and not on the pump. I believe this method is from the era before bladder tanks when galvanised air tanks were recharged with air each time the...
  11. Traveller

Voltage choice for jet(?) pump

Or, you could just look in your breaker panel. If the black wire goes to a breaker, and its matching white wire goes to the neutral bar (where all the other white wires are connected in your panel) chances are 100% your pump is wired for 115 volt. Just sayin'......
  12. Traveller

Well overflowing (artesian?) Will it freeze?

I feel I am missing something here. If the caps are vented, why do these wells only overflow if the cap is left off?
  13. Traveller

Well overflowing (artesian?) Will it freeze?

Hydrogen sulphide (H2S) - heavier than air and very flammable. Flammable range 4.3-46%.
  14. Traveller

Well water chlorination system

Sodium hypochlorite bleach is made by the following formula, combining sodium hydroxide with chlorine gas. Cl2 + 2 NaOH = NaOcL + NaCl + H2O "Excess caustic" means the volume of NaOH added is carefully controlled to a) achieve the concentration of NaOCl desired and b) leave enough remaining...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks