Recent content by Traderfjp

1. Traderfjp

Carrier / Bryant HVAC System Issues

Thanks again. I went out today and didn't see any codes. The unit is going into defrost mode as it should. We had a lot of fog and then freezing temps so that may have been the cause of the excessive ice build up. I didn't want to short anything out so I used hot water to defrost the unit...
  2. Traderfjp

I had a service guy out just to check the system out. He thought the defrost sensor was bad. He forced a defrost cycle and then left. He didn't have the part on his truck. Anyway, after he left I decided to flip the heat pump back on. It ran well and when I went outside to check out the...
  3. Traderfjp

Thanks for taking the time to post. Interesting enough my system wouldn't allow me to run the system in AC mode. Maybe there is a lockout or something. I'm running my system on backup gas heat. Anyway, once the ice melted mostly off the condenser I put the heat pump on and the condenser made...
  4. Traderfjp

Hi, I have a Carrier heat pump with a gas Carrier furnace for backup. I think the unit is about 13 years old. I noticed that my outside condenser was starting to ice up. I figured that maybe I was looking at it before the defrost cycle. Today when I came home I noticed that the condenser...
  5. Traderfjp

Need Help Adjusting Electronic Dampers

Ok. A little more research and it seems there are three electronically controlled dampers. When heat is called for in the bedroom and apt. the dampers open. The set screw is in the middle of both. The other zone was closed. There is a button on the electronic damper that lets you manually...
  6. Traderfjp

Thanks Dana, The apartment that doesn't get enough flow is way closer to the blower so you would think it would get most of the flow. Not sure what to do. I just changed all the filters so that eliminates that possibility. I had an HVAC guy here last year just to check the system and he did...
  7. Traderfjp

Hi, I have an older Carrier 96 system from 2007 with a fancy thermostat that talks to the other components in the system and has some helpful settings. Anyway, we moved into the house a few months ago so not 100% sure of what is normal for the system. It's a two zone system. One zone is on...
  8. Traderfjp

Electric Heat and Bills

The propane furnace works with the heat pump. Doesn't that mean they are married. Hoping for a breakup with the thermostat.
  9. Traderfjp

Electric Heat and Bills

Your post is very informative as others have been. Is there a way to change the crossover point.? Even when it was relatively warm like 40 the propane heater would run for a long time before the heat pump turned on. I also used 100 gallons this year of propane which is about 300.00. I will try...
  10. Traderfjp

Electric Heat and Bills

I found some booklets I brought back with me. The tech that came out said that some of the registers were not throwing out enough heat. He suggested a new unit with a bigger blower. I have paper work on a damper control but he never suggested changing any of the settings. I'm reading that...
  11. Traderfjp

Electric Heat and Bills

I looked up the digital thermostat and it looks to be very easy to use. We do have two digital thermostats now and while they are not wifi I will check out the settings. I paid someone 200 to come to my house and he never once suggested we could turn off the auxiliary heat and just let the...
  12. Traderfjp

Electric Heat and Bills

I'm not at the house so I don't know the model of either unit. I'll have to get that info. in April when I go to the house to work. However, it makes sense that the upstairs unit was the culprit since I turned it down to 48 while I left the other unit at about the same setting. I don't remember...
  13. Traderfjp

Electric Heat and Bills

Hi, I have a 4300 sq. home in NC that we are moving into. I have two 10 year old heat pump units. One heats the two main floors and has a propane backup for when it gets real cold. I believe it's rated for 120k btu and has a propane backup for really cold nights. The other heat pump heats...
  14. Traderfjp

Heatpump vs Propane Heat for Garage

This is the unit I was thinking of. It runs around 2k. Does 36k btu for heating and cooling. No soldering and the unit is already charged with refrigerant. https://www.alpinehomeair.com/viewproduct.cfm?productID=453076828
  15. Traderfjp

Heatpump vs Propane Heat for Garage

The zip code is 28792 Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks