Recent content by TPA

1. TPA

New Drake Toilet Clogged

I've found the newer Drakes aren't quite as good as the older ones. I'm not sure specifically what changes have been made, but I do notice the bowl shape is different. Still never have had a Toto Aquia clog, even despite major abuse.
  2. TPA

Toilet clog. Tried almost everything

Really sounds like your clog is down the pipes somewhere. I'm personally a fan of the "take a 5 gallon bucket and pour it in as fast as you can" method. It could well be that you have tree roots growing though the main line as well.
  3. TPA

Urinals - Slow draining

Hi all. We have a few office buildings and now have a urinal which is starting to drain slowly. Not terribly slowly, still flowing, but definitely not at the rate it used to. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this, short of yanking the urinal off the wall? Our usual...
  4. TPA

Post Toilet

A lot of this depends on how your composting toilet works. Most composting toilets I've seen (which aren't many) are designed to have liquids go down them. I know the solid waste has water within it, but I'm under the impression that you need water to make the composting action happen...
  5. TPA

Ultramax traps

I'm thinking that you might have part of the wax ring blocking the trapway at the flange. I usually take a decent wad of toilet paper and place it in the bowl near the drain, then dump a couple of 5 gallon buckets in there. Seems to blast most partial clogs/obstructions without a problem...
  6. TPA

Fish n Flush

Nah, you want an African Lungfish in there... very scary fish:
  7. TPA

Toto Soiree or Guinevere review, installing, comments and pictures

I have the Aquia... so far, no complaints whatsoever. Excellent bowl wash compared to the vastly more expensive Toto Pacifica 1-piece toilets I have at my other residence. More bowl wash than the Toto Drakes I have as well. Pretty much sold on Aquias from this point forward, but I've only had...
  8. TPA

Toto Drake (or?) vs. Gerber Ultra-Flush

If you have a Lowe's hardware store nearby, you have access to all of the replacement parts you'll ever need. They carry both of the Toto flappers and fill valve in-stock. Both parts together cost <$12.
  9. TPA

Problem with toilet paper? Toilet Paper Poll

ugh... none of that 80-grit for my tush!.
  10. TPA

wife says “fix the embarrassing toilet!†before the holidays.

FWIW, the Korky Quietfill valves can be purchased at Lowe's. Highly recommend. They seem to be able to take quite a bit of grit & junk in the water before fouling. They are also very easy to take apart, clean, and if necessary, individual pieces of it can be replaced without having to throw...
  11. TPA

Problem with toilet paper? Toilet Paper Poll

Where's the option for "none of the above"? I have Toto toilets at all of my homes... and no problems because of it. I proudly use the 2-ply Cottenelle Ultra without problems, and I do tend to use too much TP.
  12. TPA

How to diagnose Ultramax flushing problem?

1 gallon isn't much water when you think about it -- the flush alone is 1.6. If you've got a 5 gallon bucket, try mostly filling it with water and dumping it down the toilet. It should be able to take the whole 5 gallons without a problem.
  13. TPA

Is (Ultimate + upgraded flush valve) == Ultramax?

I'd call up whichever city department it is and request to use the Ultramax, if that's what you want to use. They might be willing to give it to you even if it's not on the list.
  14. TPA

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

I've seen the Drake installed in quite a few various commercial apps. Office buildings, restaurants, hotels, churches.... If you go to Toto's website, they do have a separate listing of what they consider "commercial-grade" toilets, which isn't every one they make.
  15. TPA

Toilet runing internittently

Also, run your finger around the "ring" where the flapper sits. I've seen these get fouled over the years and a good cleaning of them doesn't hurt.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks