Recent content by Towersurf

1. Towersurf

Blown drop pipes

The flow inducer sounds like an excellent option, thanks! This is something that I can do fairly easly here with local material.
  2. Towersurf

Blown drop pipes

I drilled an 8 inch well and installed a 6 inch casing. The pressure tank is located 100 feet above the well head. If I understand the second question correctly the GPM is 30 and the pump pressure would need to be 85 PSI due to the water head of about 170 foot (pump at 70 foot of well depth and...
  3. Towersurf

Blown drop pipes

How far down is the water? 30 feet How far down is the well cased? 90 feet How far down is the pump currently? 70 feet
  4. Towersurf

Blown drop pipes

Thanks for posting the link. The pump in the link appears to have the same specs as the one I'm currently using but the site has very good information on the available pumps and specs. My gut tells me that my pump is too powerful and is stirring up sediment. I'm considering going with a pump...
  5. Towersurf

Blown drop pipes

Thanks for the feedback. What type of specs should I look for on a pressure relief valve?
  6. Towersurf

Blown drop pipes

Thanks for the response Reach. Here is a bit more info, The pump is an M2X30-15 (3HP) which I'm sure is too much for what I need. Total lift from pump to pressure tank is about 60 meters or about 200 foot. We use a bypass value before the filter and pressure tank to irrigate the 1 acre property...
  7. Towersurf

Blown drop pipes

I have a 100' deep well in a remote area of Mexico that has recently blown out a few drop pipe unions. The drop pipe is just sch 40 PVC which has worked fine for the last 5 years. The blow outs are happening because the 120 mesh filter I have installed between the well and the pressure tank is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks