Recent content by Toukow

1. Toukow

Gate Valve Stem Seal Advice Hammond 668

I can see why people in the business simply replace the valve, and forget repairs. Given the old seal seems in good shape (won't disintegrate), I will consider the PTFE rope fix adequate. I will continue to keep an eye on it for a bit, so far- so good. Thanks for the comments, Toukow
  2. Toukow

Gate Valve Stem Seal Advice Hammond 668

Can you guys please help me out on the following. I have a 1 inch Hammond 668 gate valve with minor leaking of the stem packing, where tightening has no effect. I researched here and found it confusing with the discussion of using PTFE packing rope, as that is how my boat propeller was packed...
  3. Toukow

Do I misunderstand dielectric breaks Ohmic values?

Can one of you please straighten me out on the following? I'm replacing my water heater and currently have the copper corrugated lines with the plastic sleeves at the threaded connector as shown in photo. The water heater has lasted 17 years, so things have been good. I went and purchased new...
  4. Toukow

1 ¼ Inch Sch. 120 PVC for 3 HP Pump

My apologies for being inaccurate with the initial information I provided. And Shane21 I appreciate you doing the numbers with my bogus data, again sorry about that. I found the well report and it says ' Depth of completed well 186 ft' and 'WATER LEVELS: Static level 105 ft below top of well'. I...
  5. Toukow

Flowise pump vs Gould

Thanks guys for the educational view from the standpoint of the installer. Makes sense from a business perspective. As Boycedrilling states ' You need to decide what is more important to you; the brand of pump or the installer.' I'm not finding a ton of information these companies locally, so...
  6. Toukow

Flowise pump vs Gould

I have read here a lot about the various brands of well pumps. I currently have a Gould 33GS30 pump, which has lasted for 15 years. Given the many comments here about the lifespan of modern pumps not being so great, I’m going to do a proactive replacement of the pump. I have received one quote...
  7. Toukow

1 ¼ Inch Sch. 120 PVC for 3 HP Pump

Can you guys help me out on drop pipe pump HP capacity? I currently have what seems to be a stout setup of 180 ft well, water at 170 ft. 1 ¼ inch galvanized rigid steel down pipe, 3 HP Gould 33GS30 pump. If this pump appears oversized, it is. This is due to the local county code that my house be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks