Recent content by Topper

1. Topper

High pitch squealing/whistle while on Backwash

Ditto, I think I found the cause which after finding a pinch in the 5/8” tubing , the noise seems to be now gone. If the noise returns, I’ll be sure to as for more ideas. Thanks to everyone who responded.
  2. Topper

This is a new unit which I started to install several weeks ago. I plumbed the lines but never turned it on until yesterday when I finished all the work I needed to get done. So The unit had been plugged in but on bypass. I slowly opened the water lines to the unit and purged the air from the...
  3. Topper

Today for the first time I started up my CSI water softener and thankfully had one small leak where the water line connect to the head. Anyway I was trying to run a Backwash to Sanitize the system. Not sure how long a normal backwash last but mine was times at 10 minutes and then went on to the...
  4. Topper

Searching for help with locating places to discharge water softener

catcher_chick, I agree with you and your explanation for the need of an air gap. I bough one over the internet that fit a 2" pipe but so far the only reasonable place to install is along my basement ceiling. I'm just concerned the stand pipe would be too short and water would spill onto the...
  5. Topper

Treeman, it sounds a lot like what I had in mind to connect mine...only in mine I would connect into a 2" line that a bathroom tub drains into then it drains into the main drain. When measuring it looks like the bottom of the Trap would be 1-2 inches below the 2 inch pipe. The stand pipe would...
  6. Topper

cacher_chick, thanks for your input and advice. Putting a sink in my basement would surely add much cost and for having no other reason but to drain my water softener discharge doesn't seem reasonable at this point. It's becoming more and more clear that running a line over head to where my...
  7. Topper

Bannerman, Thanks for the feed back.The below picture is of my basement and the 2" line running from one of my bathrooms into the main septic line. My thought was to cut out and install a 2"Sani T with the T directed to the side. At that point I would install a 2" P trap with a short stand pipe...
  8. Topper

To start off I hope that I am posting in the correct location for my problem. I am in the middle of installing a home water softener and now dealing with where to drain the tank discharge. The only option I see is (1) connecting to a 2" line from a bathroom tub that travels into the main line...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks