Recent content by TonyH

1. TonyH

Do I need to use timed regen on a metered system

I'd suggest you set the capacity about 70% of actual size and program accordingly. Ideal regeration interval is once a week. We are family of 3, softener size is 48K(1.5cu ft) I set the capacity at 32K and salt usage at 11 lbs. regenerate every 10 days. All is well.
  2. TonyH

Settings Advice for Softener system Clack WS1 with iron/hardness

For iron, you should add 4 or 5 gpg per 1 ppm. So you would add 8 or 10 gpg to your water harness. So it shold be 28 or 30gpg.I have WS1 valve installed 6 years ago. I always use Rescare resin cleaner.
  3. TonyH

Is leakage of AC voltage through blower relay normal?

Digital meters vs. Analog meter. I always use analog meter on house wiring work.(Good old Simpson and Amprbe)
  4. TonyH

New Water Softener installed but holding water in the tank

Drain issue or brain draw issue. Noticed when it was regenerating brine level went down? You can hear /feel when brine is being drawn. Same you can feel the drain tubing when drainig. Also is water for brine tank, programmed to prefill or post fill? Youtube sure wiil have something about this...
  5. TonyH

Does water softener brand matter?

For some reason, in our city they hook up softener only to hot water line. When new house is built softener rough-in is plumbed this way. Our water hardness average throughout year is 15GPG. Our drinking/cooking water is drawn from 7 stage RO system located under the kitchen sink. Often I...
  6. TonyH

Looking for guidance on new clack softener

Maybe you are using too much salt. WHen there is too much residual salt in the water, it becomes too much slimy
  7. TonyH

Does water softener brand matter?

I think Potassium chloride is less efficient than salt. Two things regarding efficiency, 10% cross linked resin, good reliable, easy to maintain control valve such as Clack.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks