Recent content by Tong

1. Tong

Alignment and connection between overflow drain and bathtub

Sorry. The title is somewhat misleading. The distance between overflow pipe to the tube is too wide. I have tried to bent the pipe very hard in order to connect. But it did not work. I will take a look at Geberit/Maax parts.
  2. Tong

Alignment and connection between overflow drain and bathtub

Hi, I am in the middle of installing a new bathtub overflow drain. The bottom part is done and has no leaks as I tested. The vertical part of the overflow pipe is too wide to connect to the bathtub. Any suggestion? Can I use a pipe to connect to it? Thanks in advance.
  3. Tong

How to take this metal plate out?

This one. The chain is broken and the water stopper is stuck in the pipe.
  4. Tong

Finally got some time. Cut the pipe. The connection is incredibly tight. I have tried two piler wrenchs and have no success to remove the cut pipe. The funny thing is that I still can not take the water stopper (plunger) out. The bathtub drain is also a difficult job. I have tried drain tube...
  5. Tong

Well. Hurricane Hillary is in LA now. Will try to cut the pipe first and to see if I can drill a hole of this plunger. If not, I will replace the whole over flow drain set.
  6. Tong

I tried several times to hook the plunger out. Did not work. Decided to use an inspection camera to see what was going on. Here is the photo. It seems like a solid cap instead of a shallow cap plunger. How do I get this plunger out? Thanks.
  7. Tong

Now the real task. Long story short. Bathtub drains very slow. Found out that the flow stopper (plunger) is broken. Tried to hook it out. Didn’t work it out yet. Tried to dissemble the bathtub drain overflow pipe set. Not able to do it because it is too sticky. Also found there is leak at the...
  8. Tong

Thanks for the suggestion. Finally be able to pry it out. The painting is too thick to prevent the access.
  9. Tong

Yeah. I removed the molding this morning. It is a metal plate. You can see the scratch at the lower panel. I thought that it has a screw or something before I removed the molding. I tried to pry it out but it does not work. Really weird. My bathtub plunger has a broken chain and thus...
  10. Tong

Need to take a broken bathtub plunger out of the pipe. But I was stuck at the point of this metal plate. Have no idea how to move it out of the wall. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.
  11. Tong

Rusty Tee Fitting; Replacing Cross Fitting?

Thanks for the suggestion. I think the tee fitting is about its day. It is not leaking at the moment. But there is an obvious water sign in there. To remove an old fitting like this is somewhat troublesome. I was thinking whether a silicon tape can seal it? But even so, I may still have to...
  12. Tong

Thanks. I am worried about the safety and durability. I think I will replace the tee with a new one. The left site is the shut off valve. I do not take a picture of it. Not sure how difficult to replace the old waver pressure regulator, nipple fitting, and tee fitting. Will see.
  13. Tong

Hi, I have a 1-inch rusty tee fitting. I am thinking about to replace the rusty one with a cross fitting. Like this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BTYTKNI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 One end will connect to the water pressure relief valve. Another end will be...
  14. Tong

Beam Wood damage repair

Thanks. I think that I will use Bondo or similar products. System Three is somewhat expensive. Wood putty may be better for exterior wood damage fix. Not sure whether this is a true statement. The wood is hard enough. I could not use screw drive to pork it in. Only the to of surface need to do...
  15. Tong

Beam Wood damage repair

Not sure whether this is a good site for this question? If not, please be bear with me. I have a support beam wood damaged by weather. Considering to use SystemThree The Endrot Kit or Bondo to fix it. Is it OK? Thanks in advance.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks