Recent content by Tomzim82

1. Tomzim82

Need help! Leaking from lower element

25 hours since lowering water flow from curbside valve. No leaks to report at this - not a single drop from the heating element threads. The slight drop leak from prv is slowing down - I think it's hard water gunk in the way but not 100% sure. Maybe 1 drop every 3-5 seconds now. I'm...
  2. Tomzim82

The tank is an American PROline model E62-40R-35D I do have a slight drop right now out of the pressure release valve.
  3. Tomzim82

No it's a LOT of water squirting out the element seal when the leak is happening. I would estimate a flow of at least 2-4 gallons per minute and it just comes right out the space between the element and tank. Now, it's been almost 12 hours since I reduced the flow from the curb and still leak...
  4. Tomzim82

Went out to street, put the main valve on the quarter turn position where I've always seen them and leak free for about 3-4 hours. It's a brand new element and gasket, a rather thick gasket at that. I understand that these things are simple. After hours and hours of searching I realize...
  5. Tomzim82

I did not use Teflon tape. Should I? The pressure release valve has visible gunk all over it and leaks off and on. I could easily see it being bad. This tank didn't leak for 3 days after I replaced the elements so I don't think it's the tank itself.. How tight should it be? I'm putting...
  6. Tomzim82

Hey guys I need serious help. Had a flood in my house twice now.. My electric hot water heater is leaking from the lower element. The element is new along with the gasket. It's a 4,500 watt, long element that was replaced 2 days ago. I replaced it because the water heater was pouring water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks