Recent content by tommy7

1. tommy7

Leaking Nibco #52 Outdoor Faucet

Pretty sure the washer needs replacing but not sure how to get to it. There is a screw on the handle, but when removed, the knob just opens and closes. I tugged a little bit, but it didn't budge. Is there a secret or am I just not pulling hard enough. Pictures below. Thanks in advance!
  2. tommy7

New Shower Valve

am i crazy? The water is on and the pipes are still not leaking. However, I feel I could do a much better job now that I have learned so much from this website and my experience. I don't really care about the asthetics, which I know I could improve. I don't want to lose a night of...
  3. tommy7

New Shower Valve

That is exactly what I spent this afternoon doing! Good call. Practicing, that is.
  4. tommy7

New Shower Valve

One more thing that has me confused. The leak is on the left, hot water side. Why does it leak when I turn on the hot or cold water? Granted, it leaks a lot faster when the hot water is turned on. But, aren't they completly separated?
  5. tommy7

New Shower Valve

Is there a trick to these couplings? I put new one on. I heated it up thoroughly. It took a lot of solder across the top and bottom. When I wiped it with a rag, it seemed to remove the solder, but i figured it was sucked in, i had used so much . When I tested it, it leaks! Dribbles! All my...
  6. tommy7

New Shower Valve

I couldn't remove the coupling by itself, so I removed the elbow above it also. Is it likely that I have damaged my successful joints near it? see picture. nks!
  7. tommy7

New Shower Valve

Thanks! I've learned a lot in the last 2 days! I should have come here sooner. A couple more questions: 1. You said "once water gets into a joint", does that mean if I hadn't tested it with water yet, I can go back and add solder to a joint after it has cooled? 2. When I re-clean a pipe and...
  8. tommy7

New Shower Valve

Well, I couldn't wait and tested the pipes tonight. The joint you guys helped me with worked out great! Thanks! But, I do have a trickle leak at the bottom of this coupling joint. Doesnt look liek it but I swear I sodered it! I'm pretty sure this is a dumb questions, but I do have to remove...
  9. tommy7

New Shower Valve

Thank guys! It aint pretty, but it soaked up a lot of solder. Last question. I want to plug up the elbow shower head joint so i can test it tomoorw. Do I just find a screw that fits it? Whats the common practice? I couldnt get any help at HD.
  10. tommy7

New Shower Valve

Hey all. Thanks ahead of time for the help! I am trying to install a new shower valve and have had my difficulties. With each difficulty I have learned much, and now feel capable of doing the job. ( yea..right.) This was a new Moen shower valve a week agao. I have sweated and unsweated pipes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks