Recent content by tomm

1. tomm

Rainbird1800 sprinkler heads along sidewalk

So the heads throw across the sidewalk? and you want to prevent the sidewalk from getting wet? I want to buy some gold at the price it was selling for some 5 or 6 years ago. :)
  2. tomm

Could a valve replacement cause other valves to break?

you hired a hack. Any decent company would have inspected the entire system upon completion.
  3. tomm

Leak From Solenoid

why not post a picture or make/model of the valve. How can any one offer a defintive answer reading your non descriptive post.
  4. tomm

Automatic line drains

In my opinion auto drains were never considered standard practice. They are a selling point only and a poor one at that. Contractors should be selling exceptional designs. Many people want a sprinkler system that is of the lowest maintenance and auto drains were a solution according to many...
  5. tomm

Hunter rotor head adjustment screw

At least half of the hunter heads(that I come across) allen head spray distance screws get plugged up with debris/dirt making them extremely difficult to adjust.
  6. tomm

Water pours out from sprinkler turn on

That setup looks like a potential disaster. 1. That threaded pvc tee connection is ripe for breaking. Never go male copper to female pvc. 2. Get rid of that above ground pvc pipe. Its gonna break. You want copper pipe instead. 2. PVB needs to be rotated 90 degrees so a tester has...
  7. tomm

Blow-Out Question

PVB is the minimum device required in Colorado for a residential sprinkler system, although its not enforced in every locale. Ideally you should replace with a PVB and add a blowout/drain connection after it. You may already have a drain in your valve box that can serve as the blowout...
  8. tomm

Backflow preventer in crawlspace??

I guess Illinois is different, but in the majority of the country a PVB is perfectly acceptable as a backflow device for a residential sprinkler system.
  9. tomm

PVB's have not been banned in most places for use on lawn irrigation.
  10. tomm

Crosby1, you are 100% right. From your description, I'm assuming you have a pressure vacuum breaker. Please post a picture. If so, you have got to get that out of your crawl space! When it dumps you will potentially have a huge mess on your hands. They are to be installed outside. I'll...
  11. tomm

adding pressure

Huh? whats below grade gotta do with it? That whole setup doesn't meet code. Valves after the avb and that additional hose bibb after avb being the biggest problems. I can see that whole setup blowing up and flooding into the window well, but that's just me!
  12. tomm

Getting rid of water hammer

what/how many heads are connected at the end of the hoses? how long are the hoses? what is the pressure?
  13. tomm

1998 Rain Bird Image 4 - Fault

So you fixed it but didn't say how, and your sarcastic that no one was able to help you. Your controller was obviously a European model that 99% of the people that might read this post have not run into. It would have been nice if you shared how you fixed instead of being sarcastic that...
  14. tomm

Low pressure on one zone only

I'm thinking BRD nailed this one down. Game over :)
  15. tomm

Vacuum Pressure Breaker Part 2

Get the teflon out. Is the o-ring and big plastic washer installed? Find a diagram of the internal parts to make sure you have them all installed correctly. Otherwise, install new one or get a pro out to your place.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks