Recent content by tomcat21

1. tomcat21

what size softener do i need?

Thank you Gary! So you are suggesting a 4.0 or 4.5 cu ft softener correct? What are your thoughts on the 2510 fleck valve? Heard good things about it but not sure if it has the variable reserve feature or not. Also, in 5 years we will be down to 5 people in the house and I also plan on putting...
  2. tomcat21

would that work with 3/4 plumbing?
  3. tomcat21

Anyone there? I think I have given all the information that I know of to make a decision on a softener. Can someone tell me what I should purchase and why would the size you recommend be the best choice/most efficient. Thanks to all of you for your help
  4. tomcat21

I timed how long it took to fill a 5 gallon bucket and divided by 300 or whatever the formula called for (cant remember the exact number) I also used a one gallon pail for kitchen sink faucet and stopped filling after 10 seconds.(Used a different equation to figure gpm on this one.) What is...
  5. tomcat21

Thank you ! I am going to purchase one within a few days. Any good recommendations? I am not going to Home Depot or any big box store. I also don't think I really need to pay $3,000 for one either.
  6. tomcat21

Thanks for the reply. I am confused on what type of resin to get. I have heard of 8% or 10 % cross link. I know the city does use chlorine to treat water. Also is it true that setting the salt dosage for a higher amt will clean the resin bed better? Not even sure what this means. I have heard of...
  7. tomcat21

Here are some specs and information. 7 people in the house. 2 adults, 4 girls ages 6-12, 1 boy age 14. Actual water usage from city water bill (avg. for past year)= 46 gal/per person per day. high month avg was 61 gal. per day. low month avg. 37 gal. per person per day. I would say the norm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks