Recent content by tombstone

1. tombstone

Air in system ....

Good Morning! On Sunday I re-piped a bit of my boiler to replace an older expansion tank with a new style one and install a spirovent jr. I brought the boiler back up and started the bleeding process. I turned the boiler off from Monday morning until about 7:00 PM. This morning I was...
  2. tombstone

Humming coming from inside boiler

Sounds good! I look at the manual are there is an internal transformer. Thanks again!
  3. tombstone

Humming coming from inside boiler

Good Morning! I am hearing a faint humming coming from inside my boiler and am trying to troubleshoot it. This is what I've discovered thus far. 1) If I turn power off to the boiler the humming stops. 2) If I turn the thermostat off but keep the power on the humming continues. This...
  4. tombstone

Setting pressure in hot water boiler

I posted this in the wrong forum and have reposted it in the boiler forum. Sorry.
  5. tombstone

Boiler Pressure

Good Morning ... On Saturday I finally got around to installing a Runtal basebord radiator as a replacment for a cast iron radiator that was removed for a bathroom remodel a few years ago. I bled everything several times throughout the weekend and am getting good heat from the system but the...
  6. tombstone

Setting pressure in hot water boiler

Good Morning ... On Saturday I finally got around to installing a Runtal basebord radiator as a replacment for a cast iron radiator that was removed for a bathroom remodel a few years ago. I bled everything several times throughout the weekend and am getting good heat from the system but the...
  7. tombstone

New Radiator Has Cold Water When Bled

Issue resolved. I just need to bleed it some more.
  8. tombstone

New Radiator Has Cold Water When Bled

Good Evening! I just installed a Runtal baseboard radiator in my bathroom as a replacement for an old cast iron unit. I have bled the unit and have water coming out of the radiator, but it is cold water. The other radiators are warming just fine. Several years agao I took out the...
  9. tombstone

Toilet Valve Running with not Fill Valve Leaks?

I'll recheck all that when I get home. I did use a scotchbrite pad and go around the rim of the fill valve. As I mentioned, the flapper is a Korky brand. The only other one that I could find at the big box store was a Fluidmaster. I'll also do another dye test and let it sit longer. Thanks!
  10. tombstone

I've replaced the flapper with a suitable Korky replacement and cleaned the seat. The refill tube seems to be seated properly in the overflow tube. I dye tested the tank and so no visible discoloration in the bowl water. If the overflow tube would be cracked I'm assuming the water would...
  11. tombstone

Good Morning! I've been trying to fix a problem that recently showed up with my American Standard Cadet 3 toilet. My office is right across from the bathroom and I will intermittenly hear the sound of the fill valve letting water into the tank. It's not as loud as when the fill valve...
  12. tombstone

GFCI Trips when Light Switch is Turned Off

I just swapped out the GFCI with another. It works like a champ. I can only assume that when the hot wire shorted to the box it messed up the GFCI.
  13. tombstone

I have used an external GFCI tester and it operates properly. That being said, I picked up another double switch and GFCI to swap them out and give that a try. Other than that I can't come up with a reason why the GFCI would trip. Like I said I pigtailed the hot and the neutral with one leg...
  14. tombstone

The GFCI has screws for attachements and they are taped up to prevent inadverent contact with anything. I had a fan plugged in at the time, but I'm pretty sure it did it w/o anything plugged in as well. I will check that when I get home. Would running the fans / light from the load side...
  15. tombstone

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to any replies. Jeff
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks