Recent content by tomahawk9

1. tomahawk9

DWV Hi Rise - WC-dedicated Soil Pipe max length and venting question

Pictures of : DWV Hi Rise - WC-dedicated Soil Pipe max length and venting question Thx for your response 1. ok, i will try to help you see what I see. 2. its not bell and spigot. but that was the easiest way for me to depict it. 3. yes vertical offset drop like picture three. that is the...
  2. tomahawk9

DWV Hi Rise - WC-dedicated Soil Pipe max length and venting question

hi all. On 22nd floor of 29 story building. 15 year old building Plumbing was done hap hazardly to say the least. Emerging Market Stuff. I am trying to remediate two vent problems which are both above me and below me. Both relate to Vent lines serving a Lav and a WC with Drops and Sags...
  3. tomahawk9

Cast iron offset flange or PVC - more on Thai plumbing...

During a renovation, the builder built the wall out too far. He should have left a recess so the toilet could slot in and then the toilet drop could have been straight into the soil line. I could bash the wall/tiles out.... but.... now it is a couple inches toward the center of the bathroom...
  4. tomahawk9

how to connect stainless threadless p trap arm 2" threadless plastic Stub-out drain

Thanks so much for the reply I am driving a bit blind here. sorry to be ambiguous. it is a 1 1/2 tubular trap, from cotto, a local manufacturer. The stub out is clearly 2 inch. ***there are no master plumbers that i can find here in thailand and the standards/knowledge base is low. so i have...
  5. tomahawk9

how to connect stainless threadless p trap arm 2" threadless plastic Stub-out drain

Thanks for the quick reply. is there any reason to think that plummers putty is better than actually sealing this with the reducer and the spigot trap adaptor ? Kohler suggests putty in one of its instruction manuals for a trap installation... ...doesnt make sense given my experience...
  6. tomahawk9

how to connect chrome threadless p trap arm 2" threadless plastic Stub-out drain?? The stub out is blue plastic, i think PVC. So PVC solvent and glue in A PVC 2"x1 1/2" reducer and then should be a simple enough to slide in the trap arm and close down the screw gasket? I know it should have a...
  7. tomahawk9

Highrise sewer odors in toilet, shower, sink and floor drain

Still evolving Turns out the guys who did the lavoratory made two stupid mistakes. 1) the tail pipe in the bottle trap under the sink was too short. therefore it wasnt a trap... so we had them extend the tail pipe to the correct length. Then we still have sewer gas...and we can...
  8. tomahawk9

#3 Highrise sewer odors in toilet, shower, sink and floor drain WITH PIC
  9. tomahawk9

#3 Highrise sewer odors in toilet, shower, sink and floor drain WITH PIC Cant seem to get the pics up. cut them down to 44kb and 700x700 but they still wont come up...
  10. tomahawk9

#2 Highrise sewer odors in toilet, shower, sink and floor drain WITH BLUEPRINT Hello thanks for your earlier response. The problem persists. here is an image of the basic configuration. I believe that the venting is done improperly, which would be standard in Thailand.... in this image...
  11. tomahawk9

Rather perplexing here is the framwork for you experts to ponder wish i had a master plumber. I dont... am in southeast asia, and language/skills a problem! 22nd story condo of a 29 story 15 year old building. never lived here redid the bathrooms/showers/sinks w new toilets. rented it. sewer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks