Recent content by Tom Thompson

1. Tom Thompson

2 inch well casing and deep well jet pump questions

Hello, I am still having trouble with a well. I am looking for information on driving a 2" well casing about 30-40 feet. Then using a convertible jet pump being able to get water out of the 2" driven point well. 1. our local rental center has an adapter to put on a bosch brute jackhammer...
  2. Tom Thompson

Shallow well low volume and CSV valve question

Well an update. I took the PVC joint out of the suction side and just screwed the two pieces in tight and then glued an elbow in, to reduce the possibility of suction side leaks. Added a 1" ball valve and 1 1/4" female threaded joint at the top of the prime tube/out tube. That way I can fill...
  3. Tom Thompson

I have one last question (well at least I think so now). Using the CSV and taking a 20 minute shower, the pump runs for 20 minutes. If you have an 80 gallon pressure tank (20 gallon draw down), the pump doesn't come on until you've used the 20 gallons. I understand that the pressure is...
  4. Tom Thompson

Let me make sure I understand how the CSV valve works. It starts out like a normal draw from the pressure tank and uses up whatever amount is in that pressure tank first. Then once that gallon (or 10 gallons, etc) is gone, it starts to allow water through at whatever rate it is being drawn at...
  5. Tom Thompson

Hello, Thanks for the reply. We called multiple well drillers in the area. They all said they were so busy they weren't interested in a "toy well", since they were staying busy doing deep wells. Got one driller to quote a minimum price of $7500 to come and try, but it would be at least 4-6...
  6. Tom Thompson

Thank you for the reply. I should add that we have had about 5-7 feet of water in the 1 1/4" line, when we measure it down the pipe. This new 1 1/4" line was put in last week. With a hand pump we are able to continually bring up water without any issues. I have used the regular hand pump...
  7. Tom Thompson

Hello, First post here. My in-laws have had a shallow well in the same witched stream for about 40 years. it's a low producer, but has worked. We put one in and it worked for 10 years, but then we had problems. We now pounded a new 1 1/4" shallow well about 18 feet down. We can get good...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks