Recent content by Tom M

1. Tom M

Wish to do it right the first time - Tub and shower combo remodel

Just an aside... Here in this part of Oklahoma, the codes being used for building, electric and plumbing are several editions behind those currently published. Much to my surprise.
  2. Tom M

My apologies for straying past the lines between tile and plumbing... Here is are plumbing specific questions about plumbing issues connected to the project. Regarding the American Standard Evolution deep soaker tub and the associated overflow/drain. I have seen multiple comments from...
  3. Tom M

Thank you. Would like to see the order of applying which thinsets/membranes/sealing bands/sealing compounds (Ardex) over the concrete boards. Assuming the joints in the concrete board need to be sealed first... is this so? Would like to fully seal the area under the tub installation as...
  4. Tom M

Advice in picking durable shower/tub rough in valve

Good day everyone. I am new to this board and in the planning phase of a complete bath remodel on an older home I recently bought. I have quite a bit of conflicting advice/comments on the merits of the various manufacturers rough-in valves. A local plumber dislikes Kohler as repair parts...
  5. Tom M

Alcove to have tile ceiling to floor...
  6. Tom M

Cement board on ALL the walls, not just those in the tub/shower alcove and immediately adjacent? If so, why? Was planning tile 3' up every wall. If the 30 year old slab is seen to have any cracks after the old tile is removed, then Ditra seems appropriate. I plan to stabilize my cracked...
  7. Tom M

To my way of thinking, a PRO is somebody that does it right the first time. Seen enough amateurs-for-hire over the years to know paying for a service is not the same as getting it done properly. No offense intended to those here who don't work the issues for hire. That said, I understand the...
  8. Tom M

Tub/Shower rough valve quality/durability question

Good day everyone. I am new to this board and in the planning phase of a complete bath remodel on an older home I recently bought. I have quite a bit of conflicting advice/comments on the merits of the various manufacturers rough-in valves. A local plumber dislikes Kohler as repair parts...
  9. Tom M

Good day to all, I am a home handyman with some experience, just enough to realize that research and appropriate questions can pay large dividends. I would like to address this ONLY to the pros on this board. I am planning on ripping out a small, dated 3/4 bathroom in a 1980's slab built...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks