Recent content by Tollerplumbing

1. Tollerplumbing

Can a 3way switch short?

A short to ground is when a hot contacts a ground; it is a universally recognized term. On the other hand the term "short" is never used to refer to an intended circuit; it is always accidental. I hope you guys are just having some fun, rather then really being ignorant, but I won't be coming...
  2. Tollerplumbing

Can a 3way switch short?

A short normally refers to creating an unintended path, generally to ground. Completing an intended circuit would not be a short.
  3. Tollerplumbing

Can a 3way switch short?

I don't think so. There were just 4 wires in the box and I wired the replacement switch up exactly the same, and it worked normally then. The only possibility I can think of, other than a defective switch, is that the ground wire was excessively long. It might have been making contact with...
  4. Tollerplumbing

Can a 3way switch short?

I have a 30 year old house that is for sale. The realtor told me that the lights in the bathroom didn't work. I found the circuit was shorted. After checking 4 outlets and 9 switches I found that removing the very last item, a 3way switch, fixed the problem. I replaced the switch and all is...
  5. Tollerplumbing

What to do with a leaking Mansfield 160

I bought a 7 year old house with a Mansfield 160 in the basement. The former owner only used the house occasionally in the summer and I doubt the toilet has been flushed 50 times. Today I noticed water running every 5 minutes for about 10 seconds and traced it down to the toilet. I played...
  6. Tollerplumbing

Help with the venting on my water heater

I understand, but that is the point of my question. I want to get it out of the corner by extending it. I want to reduce the restriction by changing part to 3". Telling me it is wrong now isn't helpful; I say that in my post.
  7. Tollerplumbing

Help with the venting on my water heater

I bought a 6 year old house with a State Select PR650XCVIT with a 2" vent, and have a few questions about the installation. 1) It say the termination must be a 2" T or a 3" 45 elbow. Mine comes out the wall, has a 45 elbow and a foot of 2" pipe. So it is not right, but it is hard to see why...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks