Recent content by Tojoski

1. Tojoski

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Just an update in regard to the Uponor with the yellow splotches that I posted previously: Uponor responded to my email and stated that the yellow splotches were most likely due to the antioxidants changing color over time, and that it was safe to use as long as it wasn't exposed to UV. I...
  2. Tojoski

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Well, this is concerning. Just got mine out of the trash bags I had it stored in only to find these yellow spots on it that won't rub off.. what in the world? It's more prevalent on the 1/2" roll but definitely there on the 3/4" as well. I sent pictures as well as the lot numbers to Uponor.
  3. Tojoski

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

We plumbed my house in CPVC in 07 and so far no issues but reading forums back in the 2012 era you would think it to be a ticking timebomb. I used the brass to CPVC transition unions wherever I needed to transition (no plastic threads) and so far, the only thing I have had issues with is the...
  4. Tojoski

Back to back bathroom and stainless sink DWV layout

Please excuse the crudity of my diagram but I hope it helps illustrate what I am planning and what is hopefully correct. The 3" vertical is the dry vent for my toilet, which extends out of my slab and will continue to the top of this framed room to an AAV (still inside the steel building) I...
  5. Tojoski

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

I bought some of the white Uponor PEX-A back in 2015 for a project that never got off the ground but I am now looking at using it to plumb a small bathroom in my metal shop. I know the issues I have been reading about are supposed to be limited to the colored versions but now I have pause to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks